Boyd Buchanan vs Coalfield

reaction

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me get some things out of the way up front. No predictions, no feelings and no trash talk. The game will be decided by the players on the field Friday night.

Having said that; let me get to the logical comparison for the football aficionados.

This one is tough because there is no direct team to compare. The only direct comparison is CAK. So, let’s do that one first.

BBS beat last year’s CAK team by a score of 37 – 6. That makes BBS (which is at least as good as last year’s team) 29 points better than last year’s CAK team. Since everyone says (and the record shows) that this year’s CAK is not as good as last year’s team. It is safe to say that BBS is 29 points better than this years CAK team. CAK beat Coalfield 70 – 49. That makes CAK 21 points better than Coalfield, at least on “any given night.” This comparison makes BBS 50 points better than Coalfield on a given night.

There are several other multi team comparisons that show BBS 30 to 40 points better than Coalfield.

The best that I could find for Coalfield was: Coalfield > Oakdale > Lookout Valley > BBS.

In this comparison BBS was only 7 better than Coalfield. The real snag with this one is that BBS could have easily had 30 to 50 more points against LV. The score was 56 – 0.

If you are still reading… keep up here… this is where it gets deep.

BBS 42 Watertown 7 round 1.

Midway 28 Watertown 21 game 5.

Midway 21 Coalfield 0 game 8.

Coalfield 35 Midway 14 round 2.

BBS 35 points better than Watertown.

Midway 7 points better than Watertown.

BBS 28 points better than Midway.

Midway 21 points better than Coalfield game 8.

BBS 49 points better than Coalfield on that given night.

Coalfield 21 points better than Midway round 2.

BBS 14 points better than Coalfield on that given night.

If you take the total of both the Coalfield - Midway games it is even. Each team scored 35 points.

If Coalfield and Midway are even that makes BBS 28 points better than Coalfield.

This is not a prediction. It is simply a logical comparison of how the teams stack up against common opponents.

Wow, that is some "deep" stuff, smithke.

So deep, we better put our boots on when we come to the swamp, so we won't step in that deep "stuff", CY and king!

Seriously, smithke. I understand the point you're trying to make, and I acknowledge that on paper, BBU is the better team. But games just plain ol' aren't played on paper, but on grass, or swamp-land or somethun. ;)

Sometimes, I'm as guilty as the next guy of using the individual team performance vs. common opponents scores and analysis approach , but most of the time it just doesn't prove to be too accurate. Seems it's more about how the two teams match up head to head, how much scouting and preparation they've each done, and maybe even things like the weather/field conditions, playoff atmosphere, home field advantage, how much Turkey each team consumed the day before, which zebras they let loose from the zoo, etc. :lol:

In spite of how things appear to be, one should never underestimate the "F"

(Fight) factor. You can have all the big dogs (or Bucs) you want, but like they say here in Coalrock, "T'aint how much dog's in the Fight, but how much Fight's in the dog!" :lol: (Geez, there's just never an emoticon/smilie available for a mad dog when ya need one! :)

---rSquared

Edited by rSquared

Well... Boyd-Buchanan can just keep tooting their horns about how much holier they are then little old Coalfield but you people seem to forget the movie "Hoosiers"... so ANYTHING can happen. This isn't coming from a Coalfield player... this is coming from a very die-hard Jacket fan. I refuse to accept the belief that Boyd-Buchanan is going to slaughter us. This community... heck, ALL of Morgan County is very proud of Coalfield and you Boyd-Buchanan fans can guarantee the Jacket Nation will be out in full force! thumb

It is ok krp in Cincy. SP has beaten us badly in the past and we understand that fact. Wish we had a McDonald's, Burger King, car dealerships and the like to support a large population and still play in A ball.  :D

825445340[/snapback]

When did SP get a Mcdonalds or a Burgerking and large population? They just have 1 car lot. You must be in a daze orsomething.

Ro, don't think I would miss Coalfield's chance to play in a state championship game for anything in the world.

825445387[/snapback]

They won't be playing for a state championship. Kingbrian must be king of the blowhards. I've noticed he likes to stir **** up but is never here the day after. SP may be down this year but they have 3 state titles and have been to the semis so many times they quit counting. As for Coalfield I don't think they hired you as their spokesman. Maybe Cloudland has an opening.