Boyd Buchanan vs Coalfield

reaction

Ok, back to the game.

There has been much talk regarding strength of schedule here is the comparison straight from Coacht.

Boyd Buchanan Quick Facts

Class A, Region 3

2004 Record: 12-1, 4-0

Strength Rank: 3rd

Schedule Rank: 39th

Enrollment: 574

Hamilton County

4626 Bonnieway Drive

Chattanooga, TN 37411

Coalfield Quick Facts

Class A, Region 2

2004 Record: 10-3, 3-3

Strength Rank: 8th

Schedule Rank: 18th

Enrollment: 199

Morgan County

1720 Coal Hill Road

Coalfield, TN 37719

So here we go. They are ranked higher than Coalfield at 3 and Coalfield 8 when this was completed. Now the answer to all this hoopla regarding the weak schedule of BBS. It appears they were ranked 39 on strength of schedule as compared to Coalfield's 18. Sounds like Coalfield played a much tougher schedule.

Add that to your paper. Also compare enrollments. Isn't 574 over the 1a cap? Are both schools are K-12? I know Coalfield is a k-12 school and that number has the grammer school kids pulled out.

Edited by CYJacket

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, back to the game.

There has been much talk regarding strength of schedule here is the comparison straight from Coacht.

Boyd Buchanan Quick Facts

Class A, Region 3

2004 Record: 12-1, 4-0

Strength Rank: 3rd

Schedule Rank: 39th

Enrollment: 574

Hamilton County

4626 Bonnieway Drive

Chattanooga, TN 37411

Coalfield Quick Facts

Class A, Region 2

2004 Record: 10-3, 3-3

Strength Rank: 8th

Schedule Rank: 18th

Enrollment: 199

Morgan County

1720 Coal Hill Road

Coalfield, TN 37719

So here we go. They are ranked higher than Coalfield at 3 and Coalfield 8 when this was completed. Now the answer to all this hoopla regarding the weak schedule of BBS. It appears they were ranked 38 on strength of schedule as compared to Coalfield's 18. Sounds like Coalfield played a much tougher schedule.

Add that to your paper. Also compare enrollments. Isn't 574 over the 1a cap?    Are both schools are K-12? I know Coalfield is a k-12 school and that number has the grammer school kids pulled out.

825446980[/snapback]

I think the 574 is after you throw in the 1.8, which will be the total for next year.

From WWW.TSSAA.ORG

School Directory

Search Result

Boyd Buchanan High School

4626 Bonnieway Dr.

Chattanooga, TN 37411

Mascot: Buccaneers Colors: Royal Blue, Gold

County: Hamilton Enrollment: 305

Athletic District: 3 Division: 1

Grand Division: East School Type: Private

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the true enrollment.

I'm pullin for coalfield in this one. You guys from Boyd better watch out Coalfield is better than you guys think. And as for it being imposible for Coalfield to win, Let me see The Pistons won the NBA title last year against LA, and the Red Soxs beat the Yankees thumb So don't think Boyd will win because their heavy favorites. I think it will be close.

Coalfield-35

Boyd-32

CYjacket,

Boyd has just about 300 in the High School. So the 500+ must be with the 1.8.

Just FYI, the strength of schedule on Coacht T only calculates the wins and losses of opponents. It does not take into account playing up in class. So, for instance, Boyd beat East Ridge (AAAA) and East Ridge had about a 50-50 season in 4a. In CoachT's SoS E. Ridge would appear the same as a 1a team that faced all 1a teams and had a 50-50 season. Thus, Boyd is ranked fairly low in Coach T's SoS because several of the bigger teams they played had mediocre to poor seasons in their respective classes.

That doesn't, however, mean that Boyd's schedule was not one of the toughest in 1a. I simply don't know of any other 1a team that scheduled a traditional 2a powerhouse team, 2 3a teams (1 of which was the 3a region champ and beat 4a Cleveland), a 4a team (that made the playoffs in 4a) and a Super 7 team. Most of the teams that get a high SoS rating on Coach T played all in their class.

I can't wait to get on here next year and see what Boyd fans have to say when they go  2-8.. Because i strongly think they will have a losing season.

825447061[/snapback]

Do you even know Boyd's schedule for next year? Didn't think so.

Do you know how much talent Boyd has returning? Didn't think so.