Boyd Buchanan vs Coalfield

reaction

Hey, your folks just love the numbers and comparison. Thought I'd throw them out to see. All figures can be manipulated. Your still gonna win everybody says so.

Your folks have convinced me that BBS is invincible. But I don't matter.

825447297[/snapback]

We can all take comfort in whichever numbers are in our own favor. While coachT has Coalfield's schedule higher-ranked than Boyd's, "The Sports Report" has Boyd's higher than Coalfield's (24/33). I'm sure there are other polls that rank schedules, bit it's kinda like the BCS...who's numbers are right? BaldCoach is on target with his assessment.

Whatever the different rankings say, I feel that Coalfield has not faced a team that is the quality of Boyd this year. I also believe that Boyd has played and beaten teams that are as good and better than Coalfield. From that stand point, I would say the advantage, in the context of competitive experience goes to Boyd.

(I tried to tone it down...trying to not be arrogant!) ;)

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baldcoach made valid points re: Coacht not taking into consideration the upper division teams BBS played. However, I don't think when he made the statement he took into consideration that Coalfield played a triple A and two double A schools on their schedule which washes the theory. HMMMMM.

Now BnL. I'm glad you feel Boyd is a quality program. I agree. However, the quality program you are playing feels the same way you do about theirs. You see, they have been playing football up here for nearly 70 years. In the last 20-25 the tradition has grown but it hit a plateau and we couldn't get past the third round. We are proud of our tradition and that is one thing you will not take when you beat Coalfield, the tradition. Maybe BBS will be around long enough to get that tradition, as I understand it your history is very short in football. You still got us beat though. It is the will of the people.

Have a good night.

Oh, one other thing. I would believe the 24-33 ranking more: reason they are more closely compatable, in other words closer to even. Not that large chest puffing thing you guys have been doing since Saturday a.m.

Edited by CYJacket

i'm trying to make a list of the useful things i could have done, but read this entire post. its not common for me to have free time, as it is with all of you hard working people, and i used it all to read this entire post. what in the heck is wrong with me? AND WHAT IS WRONG WITH ALL OF YOU?!?!?! sorry to shout but i think we all need a hobby.......

GO BUCS.......

There once was a team name of Boyd,

Who was sure they had Coalfield destroyed.

When they met in "The Swamp"---

It was far from a romp

And the Bucs came away feelin' void. :(

OR:

Twas Boyd Mighty Universe-a-City

Vs. the Jackets of small "little bitty."

A good ol' swamp stingin'

Follered all the mud slingin'

Made us Cofielders look ruther witty!

OR:

A team to the east of Choo City

Picked the wrong bunch of farmboys to pity.

They defeated the 'skeeters,

Became Buccaneer beaters

And the stars of this here little ditty!

OR:

This here thread it has been mighty thorough,

Perhaps brought to our brow a slight furrow.

When it's all said and done

One can say, "It's been fun!

You go home and we go TO THE 'BORO!" :P

---rSquared, the CoachT Bard thumb

Edited by rSquared

Baldcoach made valid points re: Coacht not taking into consideration the upper division teams BBS played.  However, I don't think when he made the statement he took into consideration that Coalfield played a triple A and two double A schools on their schedule which washes the theory. HMMMMM.

825447383[/snapback]

"washes the theroy" Let's be real...

3A Union 3 - 8----------- Boyd 3A Howard 4 - 7

2A Wartburg 4 -7-------- Boyd 3A Walker Valley 7 - 4

2A Harriman 3 -7-------- Boyd 2A Goodpasture 9 - 4

---------------------------- Boyd 4A East Ridge 5 - 6

---------------------------- Boyd DII Baylor 5-5

If you can read this and say that Coalfield's non-region, higher classification games are equal to BBS's... all I can say is that your nose is growing...

Edited by smithke

Ok, back to the game.

There has been much talk regarding strength of schedule here is the comparison straight from Coacht.

Boyd Buchanan Quick Facts

Class A, Region 3

2004 Record: 12-1, 4-0

Strength Rank: 3rd

Schedule Rank: 39th

Enrollment: 574

Hamilton County

4626 Bonnieway Drive

Chattanooga, TN 37411

Coalfield Quick Facts

Class A, Region 2

2004 Record: 10-3, 3-3

Strength Rank: 8th

Schedule Rank: 18th

Enrollment: 199

Morgan County

1720 Coal Hill Road

Coalfield, TN 37719

So here we go. They are ranked higher than Coalfield at 3 and Coalfield 8 when this was completed. Now the answer to all this hoopla regarding the weak schedule of BBS. It appears they were ranked 39 on strength of schedule as compared to Coalfield's 18. Sounds like Coalfield played a much tougher schedule.

Add that to your paper. Also compare enrollments. Isn't 574 over the 1a cap?    Are both schools are K-12? I know Coalfield is a k-12 school and that number has the grammer school kids pulled out.

825446980[/snapback]

I can't wait to get on here next year and see what Boyd fans have to say when they go  2-8.. Because i strongly think they will have a losing season.

825447061[/snapback]

cyjacket you are a complete idiot, theres no way Coalfield has played the competition Boyd has this year and those stats dont mean anything. To CMS Boyd will do fine next year they have alot of talent returning especially on the offensive line. I feel they might even make a state championship appearence in 2A.

Edited by footballrox

Baldcoach made valid points re: Coacht not taking into consideration the upper division teams BBS played.  However, I don't think when he made the statement he took into consideration that Coalfield played a triple A and two double A schools on their schedule which washes the theory. HMMMMM.

Now BnL. I'm glad you feel Boyd is a quality program. I agree. However, the quality program you are playing feels the same way you do about theirs. You see, they have been playing football up here for nearly 70 years. In the last 20-25 the tradition has grown but it hit a plateau and we couldn't get past the third round. We are proud of our tradition and that is one thing you will not take when you beat Coalfield, the tradition. Maybe BBS will be around long enough to get that tradition, as I understand it your history is very short in football.  You still got us beat though. It is the will of the people.

Have a good night.

Oh, one other thing. I would believe the 24-33 ranking more: reason they are more closely compatable, in other words closer to even. Not that large chest puffing thing you guys have been doing since Saturday a.m.

825447383[/snapback]

You know, for someone who accuses all of Boyd's fans of being arrogant and overconfident, you sure do sound plenty condescending yourself. All you and your buddies have been doing since Saturday has been acting like victims to the big bad private school, calling people names, and trying to make Boyd-Buchanan look bad. I have not once mocked Coalfield the school, team, or players. I've tried to only refer to Coalfield the football program in the context of game predictions and the season's scheduling. Maybe others will think I and others are overconfident. I think we are justifiably very confident.

You try to make yourself sound smarter than everyone else. You keep referring to your "dear old alma mater" of MTSU, using "CEO" to talk about your role in a little league program, and even dropped Philip Fulmer's name a time or two. You talk down to others like they are kids. Are you just trying to impress everyone else on this forum?

Well, you know what? YOU WIN!!! You are the undisputed king of this topic!!! If you want to win more, just let me have it. I've just handed you an opportunity to do so on a silver platter.

It's obvious that a reasonable discussion of the game is impossible on this thread. I hope the other Boyd folks will drop off of it instead of just feeding you with more chances to insult us.

Edited by BnL

bnl:

Sorry if any of us have offended or insulted you in any way. Honestly, that was never our intent.

I can't put words into CYJ's mouth, but I'm almost certain that he feels the same way. He just uses this forum to show his love and support for Coalfield and maybe to try and pump the boys up a little bit from time to time and show them that they have the support of their fans and community.

Seriously, all the Coalfield posters on this thread are good people and hardworking, productive members of society. We just love our community/team and enjoy "sporting" a little bit on coacht here! :)

Anyway, just wanted you to know that it's all done in fun and we have nothing but the utmost of respect for Boyd, the school, it's fans, players, etc.

We can talk football, too, believe it or not! I've even coached a few years and know a little (and I do mean ONLY a little) about the game, but we just don't wanna give away any information that could be misconstrued as a quasi-scouting report or anything. ;) That's the coaches' jobs and the media's fun! :P

If we come off as offensive or insulting, just chalk that up to the excitement and pride we have that our team has made it this far this season! It's not every year we get to experience that, unlike Boyd probably does. :P

Peace,

---rSquared

Edited by rSquared

bnl:

Sorry if any of us have offended or insulted you in any way.  Honestly, that was never our intent. 

I can't put words into CYJ's mouth, but I'm almost certain that he feels the same way.  He just uses this forum to show his love and support for Coalfield and maybe to try and pump the boys up a little bit from time to time and show them that they have the support of their fans and community. 

Seriously, all the Coalfield posters on this thread are good people and hardworking, productive members of society.  We just  love our community/team and enjoy "sporting" a little bit on coacht here!  :)

Anyway, just wanted you to know that it's all done in fun and we have nothing but the utmost of respect for Boyd, the school, it's fans, players, etc. 

We can talk football, too, believe it or not!  I've even coached a few years and know a little (and I do mean ONLY a little) about the game, but we just don't wanna give away any information that could be misconstrued as a quasi-scouting report or anything.  :P  That's the coaches' jobs and the media's fun!  :P

If we come off as offensive or insulting, just chalk that up to the excitement and pride we have that our team has made it this far this season!  It's not every year we get to experience that, unlike Boyd probably does.  ;)

Peace,

---rSquared

825447716[/snapback]

Thank you. I too apologize for anything offensive. I will go ahead and apologize to CYJacket for exploding on that last post. I won't edit it out of fairness to him so that he can see what I had said.

I think we all have the same love for our respective schools. I understand that it hurts all of us to feel like those schools and teams have been put down.

I also really do respect the Coalfield team. I expect you all to be proud of them and confident in their ability. You can expect the same from us. I agree that we can all express those feelings in better ways, starting with myself.

Best wishes to all of your players, coaches and fans for a safe trip to Chattanooga on Friday.