Alcoa vs David Lipscomb

adidas23

Alcoa vs. David Lipscomb, rematch from last year's semi-final game in which Alcoa was embarrassed 55-6 on Goddard Field.  Alcoa still has that awful memory in their head and dont think that they are not looking for revenge.  Alcoa will come out fired up and i see them shutting down Austin Rogers pretty quick.  I see Alcoa winning this one in a very close, hard-fought game.  Go Alcoa!!!

825443449[/snapback]

Yeah go ahead & focus on stopping Austin Rogers. When you do, that will be great because we have about 4-5 more guys that can light up the scoreboard. Lipscomb, by no means is a one dimentional offensive team. Lipscomb's defense has been causing other teams offenses problems. They are getting turnovers & making some big time physical hits on QB's & running backs. Call Patrick Turner at Goodpasture & ask him how he is feeling.

Does everyone remember 2 years ago when Sweetwater came to Lipscomb? Sweetwater was undefeated & had all of these big name guys & got embarrsed. Sweetwater talked the talk during the week & when it came time to play they could not back up the talk. I have been on these here coacht boards al year & hearing how dominate Alcoa is because they ALMOST beat Maryville. Well it is time to see what Alcoa is made of. Alcoa has not played anyone like Lipscomb. I hope Alcoa comes in thinking that they are not beatable because the Mustangs will show them that they are. More thoughts to come later.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think alcoa will come out on top in this game. but it will be interesting to see how they do in a close game. they have not had a semi-close game since the maryville game. if dustin lindsey is on then i think that the mustangs will be in trouble. but if they shut him down then they have to worry about fiegler and his excellent arm. so im not gonna give a prediction, because i dont really know what lipscomb has. but anyways good luck to alcoa.

P.S.

this is coming from a rockwood senior who had his last game last night. if i wanted anybody but us to be in the state championship, i would want you guys to be in it because you deserve it. good luck.

825443953[/snapback]

What are the vitals (size,stats,etc) on Lindsey? I've heard a lot about him but haven't had the pleasure to watch him play? Is he SEC material? Appreciate any info.

Dustin is listed at 6'1" and 215 pounds. He has around 1700 yards rushing, 38 touchdowns scored, and I think 2 touchdown passes. These may not be exact as the News-Sentinel has not updated the stats page since the playoffs started.

Twittycanes, you are right about one thing. It is time for Alcoa to put up or shut up. There has been much discussion of Alcoa's success this year. Nothing wrong with a team enjoying the spoils of success. If, they remain hungry and don't allow success to go to their heads.

Regarding history, Alcoa has a very vivid memory of a Saturday night last November when they were soundly beaten by a very good Lipscomb team. You were able to show the Tornadoes what the 'Next level' was all about. I don't think Alcoa views this as a revenge game as much as an opportunity to measure themselves against the team that ended their season last year.

Regardless of the outcome, this should be a great high school football game. Hope to see all of you there.

Alcoa is absolutely loaded! Every game has been an easy win--except the one loss to Maryville...enough said. Unless you have been living under a rock the past 8 years, you would not realize that Maryville is always one of the top teams in Tennessee--definitely in 4A and probably in 5A. If Alcoa loses a game in the next 17 attempts, I will be shocked. The only team that has a chance to beat them is Maryville next year. Maryville will be losing a lot of seniors and Alcoa will be losing one. Believe it!

Alcoa is absolutely loaded!  Every game has been an easy win--except the one loss to Maryville...enough said.  Unless you have been living under a rock the past 8 years, you would not realize that Maryville is always one of the top teams in Tennessee--definitely in 4A and probably in 5A.  If Alcoa loses a game in the next 17 attempts, I will be shocked.  The only team that has a chance to beat them is Maryville next year.  Maryville will be losing a lot of seniors and Alcoa will be losing one.  Believe it!

825444265[/snapback]

whats all this talk about maryville is alcoa playin maryville this week or are they playin DL all i gotta say is its not gunna be as easy as alcoa thinks so they better come prepared cuase i know DL will be

Guest catfish-hunter

Some of you people on here need to WAKE UP!!! A score like 55-6 should tell the story, so despite how many players Alcoa returns from last year I still like Lipscomb to win this game. I don't think that the score will be as lopsided as 55-6, but I feel that Lipscomb wins this game by at least 2TD's. Many people want to talk about how Alcoa is looking for revenge and how fired up they will be headed into this game, but do you not think Lipscomb will be fired up as well??? After all, we are now talking about the semifinals aren't we??? Kinda hard not to come out jacked up for a game like this huh fellas??? Alcoa may say that they are fired up and are going to whip David Lipscomb, but the main question has to be what happens when Lipscomb hits Alcoa in the mouth one good time. Will they respond and play football or will they fall into the gutter, just like the 2003 matchup between these two teams. We'll all soon find out!!!

David Lipscomb-35

Alcoa-20

I love to hear how incredible Alcoa is. I love to hear that Alcoa is going to kill Lipscomb. Alcoa fans think that they are world beaters because they ALMOST beat Maryville. You people are setting yourselves up for the biggest disappointment in Alcoa history. You are so sure that your team is going to kill Lipscomb. Man-o-man I hope you people get back to the real world soon. You Alcoa people are living in the shadows of Maryville are'nt you? All I read on here is "we almost beat Maryville", "we scored 18 on Maryville", "we cramped up against Maryville or we would of beat them". Blah,blah,blah. Just quit your running of the mouth & come on to Nashville. Last year was 55-6 or something like that. Do you think you have gotten 49 points better? Do you think Lipscomb has not gotten better? We only lost ONE skill position player on offense from last year. All of the other skill guys for Lipscomb were juniors & sophs last year. But those guys probably didnt get any better. Keep those posts coming.

And you guys keep being overconfident. To expect to be able to talk about matchups, defenses, how to get there, etc., would be way too much to ask of you super human race DL fans. Well, us ignorant hillbillies will do our best to get there and hope you don't run us off the field in the first half. See you Friday. Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

By the way, most of the people bringing up the Maryville score are Maryville fans, not Alcoa.