Alcoa vs David Lipscomb

adidas23

when linemen are throwing up at the line of scrimmage when they line down, they are not in shape. that is common sense. What I know about Alcoa is that they have a athletic, hard-hitting defense. When Lipscomb played Greenbrier, Lipscomb gave up late in the game because they were out of shape and tired of getting hit. I stated that if Lipscomb wasn't healthy and in shape they would get beat. So they had better show up or they will get beat. That is my opinion. Your entitled to yours.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alcoa will take this one. dl is very cocky and it shows. u couldnt miss it if you were at the game fri. i loved how u were chanting patricks name at the end of the game. real classy. what top 10 school are u going to again?? u won. congrats. but get ready for next week and know it will be a fight. i'll be waiting on your score.

This is probably the hardest I've ever had to think about an outcome of an Alcoa game. Lipscomb has something special. Something that Alcoa had never seen until last year. I was embarrassed last year when our kids quit. There are two trains of thoughts I have on this game. One of Alcoa losing, and the other of them winning. I really can't decide which one to go with.

Alcoa Losing: If Alcoa loses, I believe that it will be mostly related to the fact that we have not had a close game, and that we have not been behind except for the Maryville game. Just like, say Vandy, doesn't know how to win a close game, I don't think that Alcoa will know how to win a close game, because all of ours are either A. Blowouts or B. Down-right Disgraces. There is really no grey area in our W-L ratio.

Alcoa Winning: On the other hand, this Alcoa team is truly a team. Everyone depends on each other, at least for the moment, because there are a few ego's gettin out of control. However, the O lifts up the D and vice versa. We have some tremendous weapons, in Fiegler, Warren, Lyndsey, Lanxter, Sommers. Our O-line has been playing better than I personally ever expected. Some of the times, Duck doesn't even have to use his power to get to the whole, it's just that big. The Alcoa defense, led by Brandon Warren, and Rae Sykes on the D-Ends, is solid. Richeon Bell is a lock-down corner. The LB's are a powerful unit. Special teams is probably a 7 out of 10. Fiegler is also a great punter, and Lanxter is extremely defense on Punt/Kick returns. We cannot, and will not kick field goals, and PAT's are basically a flip of a coin.

All in all, I reckon I see Alcoa winning by 33-28 Margin.

This is probably the hardest I've ever had to think about an outcome of an Alcoa game. Lipscomb has something special. Something that Alcoa had never seen until last year. I was embarrassed last year when our kids quit.  There are two trains of thoughts I have on this game. One of Alcoa losing, and the other of them winning. I really can't decide which one to go with.

Alcoa Losing: If Alcoa loses, I believe that it will be mostly related to the fact that we have not had a close game, and that we have not been behind except for the Maryville game. Just like, say Vandy, doesn't know how to win a close game, I don't think that Alcoa will know how to win a close game, because all of ours are either A. Blowouts or B. Down-right Disgraces. There is really no grey area in our W-L ratio.

Alcoa Winning: On the other hand, this Alcoa team is truly a team. Everyone depends on each other, at least for the moment, because there are a few ego's gettin out of control. However, the O lifts up the D and vice versa. We have some tremendous weapons, in Fiegler, Warren, Lyndsey, Lanxter, Sommers. Our O-line has been playing better than I personally ever expected. Some of the times, Duck doesn't even have to use his power to get to the whole, it's just that big. The Alcoa defense, led by Brandon Warren, and Rae Sykes on the D-Ends, is solid. Richeon Bell is a lock-down corner. The LB's are a powerful unit. Special teams is probably a 7 out of 10. Fiegler is also a great punter, and Lanxter is extremely defense on Punt/Kick returns. We cannot, and will not kick field goals, and PAT's are basically a flip of a coin.

All in all, I reckon I see Alcoa winning by 33-28 Margin.

825444944[/snapback]

That is an example of a classy post.

I do not agree with your score prediction, but that post is something not often seen by fans on this website.(i.e.Perry44,justin groves 03(not knowing what he is talking about, he wasn't that player/s that was/were throwing up, it could have been nerves, or a virus)<Has Lipscomb got in shape yet? Are they healthy yet?>)

I am not picking a fight, just stating that I have not always been as classy as I should have been.

Thanks TnVols23.

That is an example of a classy post.

I do not agree with your score prediction, but that post is something not often seen by fans on this website.(i.e.Perry44,justin groves 03(not knowing what he is talking about, he wasn't that player/s that was/were throwing up, it could have been nerves, or a virus)<Has Lipscomb got in shape yet? Are they healthy yet?>)

I am not picking a fight, just stating that I have not always been as classy as I should have been.

Thanks TnVols23.

825444997[/snapback]

What are you trying to say here Mark Gaither? Also, twittycanes, I am graduate from Greenbrier from 03 with Justin and Justin and I both go to school at UT (Knoxville). If you're not aware that is near Alcoa. We get to see both teams play, DL and Alcoa, as well as our team Greenbrier. Greenbrier played DL this you as you know and Greenbrier did win no matter what the situstion was, early in the season or any other excuse you can come up with to say your team would have won. Seeing both teams play Alcoa WILL win! If you have a problem with that prediction or any other things I say let me know and we will talk about it.

Go Alcoa! <_<

What are you trying to say here Mark Gaither?  Also, twittycanes, I am graduate from Greenbrier from 03 with Justin and Justin and I both go to school at UT (Knoxville).  If you're not aware that is near Alcoa.  We get to see both teams play, DL and Alcoa, as well as our team GreenbrierGreenbrier played DL this you as you know and Greenbrier did win no matter what the situstion was, early in the season or any other excuse you can come up with to say your team would have won.  Seeing both teams play Alcoa WILL win!  If you have a problem with that prediction or any other things I say let me know and we will talk about it.

Go Alcoa! <_<

825445036[/snapback]

I have seen both teams play. Lipscomb against Marion County and Alcoa against Sweetwater. With that being said, I believe Lipscomb will win by a very comfortable margin. Everyone wants to concentrate on Austin Rogers but they have several weapons to turn to. #33 is probably the best fullback in AA football for Lipscomb. The line is big and very much in shape enough to handle Alcoa. The QB threw the ball very effectively against Marion County. The ball was in the air before the receiver even broke out of his pattern. The three linebackers are tough. They don't try to fool you when they are coming they show it and still get there. The defense will be the best Alcoa has seen all year.

Alcoa, in my opionion, are weak on the left side of their offensive line. Center is just average but does a decent job. The right tackle is the stud but will not be enough. Alcoa had a big let-down after the half against Sweetwater and allowed 14 quick points. Lipscomb matches Alcoa's team spped very well and that is why I say Lipscomb by at least two touchdowns. thumb

Alcoa vs. David Lipscomb, rematch from last year's semi-final game in which Alcoa was embarrassed 55-6 on Goddard Field.  Alcoa still has that awful memory in their head and dont think that they are not looking for revenge.  Alcoa will come out fired up and i see them shutting down Austin Rogers pretty quick.  I see Alcoa winning this one in a very close, hard-fought game.  Go Alcoa!!!

825443449[/snapback]

good post i agree

i think it will be a very good game but i believe alcoa will come out on top

Lipscomb by two touchdowns.

Lipscomb High School in any sport plays with discipline, strong basic fundamentals,execution, and confidence. They have the best systems in place no matter what the sport. Don't get me wrong they have exceptional athletes on this football team but it doesn't matter, Each coach in all sports gets the most out of whom ever they have on their respective teams. I have seen it for years. You may not like them but you have to respect the way they go about their business. MacAdams is one of the classiest coaches in the business and it reflects in the players.

Edited by std

What are you trying to say here Mark Gaither?  Also, twittycanes, I am graduate from Greenbrier from 03 with Justin and Justin and I both go to school at UT (Knoxville).  If you're not aware that is near Alcoa.  We get to see both teams play, DL and Alcoa, as well as our team GreenbrierGreenbrier played DL this you as you know and Greenbrier did win no matter what the situstion was, early in the season or any other excuse you can come up with to say your team would have won.  Seeing both teams play Alcoa WILL win!  If you have a problem with that prediction or any other things I say let me know and we will talk about it.

Go Alcoa! :P

825445036[/snapback]

Also go to UT, have seen all three of these teams, and it is a coin flip.

And for the love....fighting irish??? get out of Knoxville if you are going to cheer for them.

Lipscomb by two touchdowns.

Lipscomb High School in any sport plays with discipline, strong basic fundamentals,execution,  and confidence.  They have the best systems in place no matter what the sport.  Don't get me wrong they have exceptional athletes on this football team but it doesn't matter,  Each coach in all sports gets the most out of whom ever they have on their respective teams.  I have seen it for years.  You may not like them but you have to respect the way they go about their business.  MacAdams is one of the classiest coaches in the business and it reflects in the players.

825445237[/snapback]

You have to agree with this. DL coaches, especially in basketball and football consistantly have better teams than their talent. I grew up watch mediocre athletes win games against dominant teams with amazing athletes, it is always done with class on and off the field.