Ridgeway Results

cb56

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is definitely filling those shoes! But really what would west tn posts be without a little drama?

825445776[/snapback]

It definitely wouldn't be a West TN post!! We got the best characters in the state in usfjim, stovepipe, BotW (when he returns to grace us now and then) and all the others. We just prefer not to save the drama for our mamas!

RegionX, what an original name. I believe I came up with that one. Just look at some of my previous posts. I am flattered to be honored in such a way.

Houston always one to contend with seems to have dried up.  Their stars seemed sluggish and no kill power.  Could be the hasbeen coach can't get anything out of his team even though he has surrounded himself with quailty help.

825444529[/snapback]

Wow, what a dilema. On the one hand you tear into our head coach and our star wrestlers. On the other hand you are calling me and the rest of our assistants quality. How to respond? I guess there is no response to such an accusation. I can assure you that Coach Holmes stays on the cutting edge of coaching and technique. Without his leadership throughout the years, West TN would not be nearly as strong as it has come to be. Our wrestlers work as hard as anyone else in the state. Can we contend this year? Only time will tell. Like every year it sure will be a lot of fun to find out.

Coach D (I hope I can call you that now), I'm coming Tuesday to workout with the team. I'm really looking forward to rolling around with the guys (in a completely heterosexual way).

Region X, though your statements were bold, they still aren't true. It isn't the adjectives at all. Houston's "stars" seem "sluggish with no kill power"? Stars = Brandon Wright, R.J. Autry, Luke Borneman = 1st, 2nd, 1st. If you want to argue sluggish, look at the word following Ridgeway in the tournament title. It's preseason big guy. Everyone's a little sluggish and everyone will improve. As far as Germantown's and Houston's coach being "hasbeens", I've never sen two men dedicate their lives to making mediocre athletes into excellent wrestlers like these two have. Now as far as "scandals" at Ridgeway go, I have no idea what you're talking about. I highly doubt Coach Bray has done anything scandalous. Now you say there's a new voice? If you feel so strong about your argument, why not tell us your name? Surely someone with such bold statements wouldn't mind telling his name....

A little spice added to the left side by REGIONX, makes for interesting reading. Wasn't going to reply, but couldn't help it. IDIOTX, I mean REGIONX, makes the statement, "no intent to offend" but calls a couple of region 8 stalwart coaches hasbeens. Laughable at best!

Boondock Saint, Looking forward to seeing you Tuesday, also please tell your girlfriend to quit calling me. Wife getting mad.

A little spice added to the left side by REGIONX,  makes for interesting reading.  Wasn't going to reply, but couldn't help it.  IDIOTX, I mean REGIONX, makes the statement, "no intent to offend" but  calls a couple of region 8 stalwart coaches hasbeens.  Laughable at best!

Boondock Saint,  Looking forward to seeing you Tuesday,  also please tell your girlfriend to quit calling me.  Wife getting mad.

825446065[/snapback]

oh no, enfuego is upset............... :blink:

I’ve got to respond to this REGIONX.

Because you post as if you have some type of authority, your total lack of any kind of real insight is disconcerting. Aside from your digs into the Houston & Germantown programs/coaches, you have said nothing that has not already been discussed in this forum. I would hope that anyone who reads this and any future posts realizes that anything posted here must be taken with a pillar of salt. I know who some of these posters actually are, and when they post, I have total respect for their opinions.

I realize your post is solely your opinion. But when you refer to two of the most respected coaches on this side of the state and beyond, your opinion on anything else will never have any value to me. And from the previous responses, I’m in the majority. I may not have a dog in this fight, but certainly it must be said that respect should be given where it is due.