Spring Hill Jamboree

coachlj65

Don't know the exact scores but do know the winners.

Girls

Columbia Central beat Columbia Academy by 1 or 2. Jessica Pillow was the only starter to play for Central.

Santa Fe beat Giles Co on a last second 3.

Hampshire beat Spring Hill by about 10.

Boys

Columbia Academy beat Hampshire by around 5.

Mt Pleasant beat College Heights by 2.

Spring Hill beat Santa Fe by 4.

What was up with Columbia's girls starters? Why was Pillow the only starter to play? Anyone know what happened to the others?

825444160[/snapback]

No surprise that Rachael didn't play her starters. If I was the coach I would have done the same thing. Most teams played everybody. Spring Hill/Santa Fe boys game was the exception they played like it was a district game.

Columbia's girls are also nursing alot of small but nagging injuries and the other girls that played, needed the PT. Rachael Peery came out of a small slump and played well and shot well. Jessica Pillow was heroic and led the team well on the court. It was good for everyone. Alyssa Jones scored her first baskets ever for the Lady Lions and that will encourage her. CA had some young talent also so good job everyone!

Santa Fe girls defeated Giles Co. 14-11. It was slow and both teams were very tenative. I don't think it was a good representation of either. Santa Fe is a bit bigger and slower. They didn't rebound as well as they should. Giles Co. is obvioulsy rebuilding and waiting on Jack Harlow to decide when he wants to come home. ( I don't think he will but there are alot of people in Giles Co. wanting him to.