Region 8A

ladyk

I hear all this talk about Shane shutting down Doaks. I think he just had a bad game, I really don't think that will happen agian this year. When it comes to Webb, he still gets his 15+ agianst both opponents. Webb now has some players around him so now he will not be getting the ball as much but he still produces, if West Carroll's guards pound it down low to him. I really can't say who's better right now between the three but I know that Webb and Doaks are better players than Shane just because they can do what Shane can do and shoot it just as good as Shane. Not taking any love from Shane but they are just better players in general.

By the way anyone know the score between Dresden vs. West Carroll tonight?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What exactly do they do that Brandon Shane doesn't? They all can shoot. They all can handle the ball. They all can play great defense. They all can dunk. They all can block shots. The only difference I see among the three is that Doaks and Webb are about half a foot taller than Shane.

I'm not necessarily saying Shane is better, but if you'll look at the head-to-head battles among them, Brandon Shane has either outperformed or performed equally as well every time.

And ladyk, Brandon performed well in the regional tournament last year, with one exception - Halls did an excellent job defensively of bottling him up. He was constantly double-teamed and the guards had trouble even getting him the ball. I'm sure you aren't basing your opinion of him on this one game, are you?

But, ladyk, I will agree with you on one point - Dane Strayhorn was definitely deserving of a Mr. Basketball nomination. As I'm sure you know, a lot of the Mr. Basketball award depends on the publicity you receive. Brandon Shane had been in the State Tourney the year before being nominated, and therefore was known by people in Middle and East TN, where Strayhorn may not have been. However, I think Brandon was very deserving of his nomination last year. Is Brandon the best Single A player in West TN? I don't know, but I definitely think he deserves to be mentioned among the best.