Happy Valley Thanksgiving Classic

TheIceMan

Krich:

I seem to recall the Cyclones missing several close in shots in the second half. I don't have the field goal stats, but I bet West had equal or better FG % to Eliz last night. Cyclones did shoot FTs very well. The Cyclones top 7 or 8 are all good FT shooters, with Rikki leading the way at 90%. West also shot FTs very well.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Krich:

I seem to recall the Cyclones missing several close in shots in the second half.  I don't have the field goal stats, but I bet West had equal or better FG % to Eliz last night.  Cyclones did shoot FTs very well.  The Cyclones top 7 or 8 are all good FT shooters, with Rikki leading the way at 90%.  West also shot FTs very well.

825456069[/snapback]

Hey corner,

How many "congratulations" and "good games" will it take to get that chip off your shoulder? Did you not see the post where I pointed out that the Lady Cyclones were "by far" the best team in the tournament?; that they were indeed the "Champions" of the show?

I pointed out that Morristown West missed several shots underneath the basket in the fourth quarter; and I also stated that many of those misses were due to the outstanding work by Baughman and Pietrowski. Now, Corner, had Morristown hit a few shots down low in the final three minutes of last night's game, then they would have more than likely won the game. And that's alright. You probably will not go undefeated this season, Corner; and your personalizing this is a waste of time.

What part of LADY CYCLONES RULE! do you need to read before you're satisfied with not only the play of your team, but as well, the repetitive compliments you've received for their GREAT PERFORMANCES?

Did West miss several shots down low, and at key points in the game? Yes, corner. Did Elizabethton's defense have a role in that, YES, Corner. Are the Cyclones a very good team? Yes, Corner.

Are they GREAT? Well, not really. Can they beat Unicoi? I don't think so; especially in a quick-whistled game? And if you're sensitive about the "quick whistled" part; try to understand that IF Rikki and or Pietrowski gets into foul trouble, you will have a most difficult time competing with the likes of Unicoi and South Greene. (I refer you to last season's game at EHS).

If you have a personal problem with my opinions, I'm really sorry. But you shouldn't take me, of all the people on coachT.... so seriously. I'm the one who picked the Highlanders. That alone should grant me immunity from your grudge mentality. So lighten up. Your team won, Corner; and they won against a very good-looking West team.

Your Ladies (and incidentally, they are some of the sweetest, most approachable "lady-like people I've ever talked with; as is Coach Wilson and Coach Farthing) are very good; they're playing well. They have some things to work on. They will work hard all season long. It was obvious by the way they played in the second half, with very little substituting, that they're well-conditioned and hard-working. It's going to be fine, Corner. I'm pulling for your team to do well. They're a great bunch of ladies.

Edited by krichunaka

Krich:

I seem to recall the Cyclones missing several close in shots in the second half.  I don't have the field goal stats, but I bet West had equal or better FG % to Eliz last night.  Cyclones did shoot FTs very well.  The Cyclones top 7 or 8 are all good FT shooters, with Rikki leading the way at 90%.  West also shot FTs very well.

825456069[/snapback]

Krich:

reread this post. does this sound like someone being personal toward you or crowing? No its someone posting some observations about the game in reply to your post. You are way off base in your ranting post above. Im not copying it here so that you can edit it or delete it if you wish. I have no chip on my shoulder. Do you? Its time to move on. I think you need some sleep. This staying up all night has you delusional!!! I agree with most of what you said. We will likely lose some games. We do have great kids, on and off the court. Morristown West could have won the game. Games like that usually come down to teams making one or two key plays. I should point out to you that Pietrowski sat out part of the first and all the second quarter with two fouls, and the cyclones held the lead. Baughman is a very savy player and is not usually foul prone, except for the multiple overtime game against Unicoi. However, you are right that to lose either of them, or any starter, in a game would hurt us. How could it not? Unicoi, at full strength, is a very good team. I have no idea what will happen when we play, but it should be fun to watch. Anyway, if you don't want your observations/opinions subject to public comment, then you shouldnt be posting them on here. I seem to recall thats what this board is all about. And one other thing. Im not who you think I am. And thats the truth thumb ;)

Edited by coaches_corner

I do not make a habit of posting on here, especially not recently. But I do enjoy reading occasionally. However, I do not enjoy Kim Richardson's posts that seem to imply that I am Coaches_Corner. It is an ASSUMPTION, Kim, that you have made and you are quite wrong. Perhaps one night, if Coaches_Corner agrees, I will introduce you to him and you can discontinue writing things on here that are mistaken. You know as many times as you say "Hi" to me at the ballgames, it would seem that you could have taken the time to ask me if I am Coaches_Corner.

Coaches_corner is a very good friend of mine, and we pretty much agree on things when it comes to the Lady Cylones. However, I get a chance to write things in the newspaper, so I do not feel the need to sound off with my opinion on here.

Coaches_corner is a dad of one of the players on the varsity and she is a great kid with a even greater attitude. And he is a well-respected guy in the community.

So Kim, please do not write anything else on here making implications that a certain Johnson City Press sports writer is Coaches_Corner. It is simply incorrect.

I do not make a habit of posting on here, especially not recently. But I do enjoy reading occasionally. However, I do not enjoy Kim Richardson's posts that seem to imply that I am Coaches_Corner. It is an ASSUMPTION, Kim, that you have made and you are quite wrong. Perhaps one night, if Coaches_Corner agrees, I will introduce you to him and you can discontinue writing things on here that are mistaken. You know as many times as you say "Hi" to me at the ballgames, it would seem that you could have taken the time to ask me if I am Coaches_Corner.

Coaches_corner is a very good friend of mine, and we pretty much agree on things when it comes to the Lady Cylones. However, I get a chance to write things in the newspaper, so I do not feel the need to sound off with my opinion on here.

Coaches_corner is a dad of one of the players on the varsity and she is a great kid with a even greater attitude. And he is a well-respected guy in the community.

So Kim, please do not write anything else on here making implications that a certain Johnson City Press sports writer is Coaches_Corner. It is simply incorrect.

825457011[/snapback]

OK, for the sake of argument, let's assume that you're Doug Fritz. I'd apologize but it's apparent that with all the "Hellos" you referred to, that you could've volunteered that you are or are not a certain someone on the internet. But now that we have that straight:

I was about to reply to corner's post, until seeing your remarks. I was going to suggest that he look for more silver linings and less dark clouds within my posts.

I made an overall very complimentary post, with the merest suggestion that the other team could've won but for some missed shots and GREAT defensive play by the Lady Cyclones. The remark about the misses was more to compliment the play of Baughman and Pietrowski; but maybe it hit a nerve.

Who is corner? For all I know, and in judging by the way he seems to like to "cross-examine" so much of what I say, he could be an attorney. But regardless of who he is, and, Doug, if he isn't who I think he is, I still don't want you to introduce us. You've never taken the time to introduce yourself, either here, or in person. The most I've ever gotten from you is a typical, aloof, reply in passing. So I certainly DON'T want you to bother assisting me in what you're so poor at doing yourself. YOU GOT THAT, DOUG?

Back to you, corner: I hope you realize that I'm more than willing to extend a hand of introduction and apologize for all the pain I've caused. My name appears not only at the bottom of so many of my posts, but practically within my coachT name. I'm very easy to find, either here or in person.

Again, I'm sorry, Doug, for the mistaken identity. I wish I had been more discreet.

It's very unfortunate, however, that you chose this forum to put me back in line. But Doug, you also called me out by name. DON'T DO IT AGAIN!

Krich, Writestuff, and Corner, Gentlemen, Gentlemen, Gentlemen. I know and like all three of you and know you all to be upstanding individuals. We all share a passion for high school basketball, which often leads to some rather intense banter on this forum. I think a group hug may be in order at the next game you all attend." Give Peace a Chance".(Quote from some famous song).

Krich, Writestuff, and Corner, Gentlemen, Gentlemen, Gentlemen. I know and like all three of you and know you all to be upstanding individuals. We all share a passion for high school basketball, which often leads to some rather intense banter on this forum. I think a group hug may be in order at the next game you all attend." Give Peace a Chance".(Quote from some famous song).

825457213[/snapback]

Hey 17, I've hugged you before, and well, maybe we should just blow kisses. I also seem to recollect that "Peace" song; but didn't he end up in a bad way? Well, he did, didn't he?

But tell us please.... Who's this Jimmy Chitwood feller? :D

OK, for the sake of argument, let's assume that you're Doug Fritz.  I'd apologize but it's apparent that with all the "Hellos" you referred to, that you could've volunteered that you are or are not a certain someone on the internet.  But now that we have that straight:     

I was about to reply to corner's post, until seeing your remarks.  I was going to suggest that he look for more silver linings and less dark clouds within my posts. 

I made an overall very complimentary post, with the merest suggestion that the other team could've won but for some missed shots and GREAT defensive play by the Lady Cyclones.  The remark about the misses was more to compliment the play of Baughman and Pietrowski; but maybe it hit a nerve.

Who is corner?  For all I know, and in judging by the way he seems to like to "cross-examine" so much of what I say, he could be an attorney.  But regardless of who he is, and, Doug, if he isn't who I think he is, I still don't want you to introduce us.  You've never taken the time to introduce yourself, either here, or in person.  The most I've ever gotten from you is a typical, aloof, reply in passing.  So I certainly DON'T want you to bother assisting me in what you're so poor at doing yourself.  YOU GOT THAT, DOUG?

Back to you, corner: I hope you realize that I'm more than willing to extend a hand of introduction and apologize for all the pain I've caused.  My name appears not only at the bottom of so many of my posts, but practically within my coachT name.  I'm very easy to find, either here or in person.

Again, I'm sorry, Doug, for the mistaken identity.  I wish I had been more discreet. 

It's very unfortunate, however, that you chose this forum to put me back in line.  But Doug, you also called me out by name.  DON'T DO IT AGAIN!

825457160[/snapback]

Kim,

Apology accepted.