Dixie National Youth Tournament

RMC

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a phone calls this evening from Ga... Sounds like our guys are all weighed in and ready to rumble. There is some issue about some teams driving in from a VA event today that may not make weigh ins and GA is going to accept their weights from the VA event. Wonder how many of those kids are eating all the way to GA and will be over the weight limits and allowed to wrestle at lower wt class? Any one with more details on this, would love to hear more on how they are handling it!

sundancer.....you can find all you want about that issue here:

http://mb9.scout.com/fgavsvfrm40

It basically boils down to accepting the Iowa teams weighins from the Virginia Duals. They weighed in Friday and wrestled Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and then got on a bus for a 10 hour trip. I think it was either accept the weights or they wouldn't be able to wrestle.

Walkenvol or EChason.....how did you guys do? It was hard ot keep up with people on 12 mats. Last I heard Doster was doing pretty well. Who else placed?

I think we (Collins Hill) had 3 champions......Joel Smith - 12 and under 95, Taylor Knapp - 14 and under 112, and Gary Tiller 14 - and under 140.

I thought the tournament was very well run and a great venue. I hope we can do it again next year.

RMC - agreed, well run tourney in a great venue. If you were in a common weight, lots of competition. Unfortunately, some of the heavier weight classes were a bit sparse. Will definately try to make it back next year. A couple of our undefeated boys got it handed to them by travelers from Iowa, Texas, Fl, etc. Nice to be able to face that level of competition without driving half way across the country.

TN boys from our group:

Jake Young - 1st

Stuart Dostor - 5th

Alex Manley - 5th

Tee Boone - 6th

Jack Boone - 6th

Kevin Emily had several of his Mighty Warrior kids there who made the podium also.

This was a good tournament, I'm sure that with Bill Gossett promoting it this event will continue to grow much like his Liberty Nationals event in Kansas City. This is a great venue and it really is nice to have a national level kids tournament in our backyard. I agree with walkenvol the heavier, and the lower, weights were kinda sparse this year. I know as this event goes on that will change though.

As for results I can tell you that Brett Jaeckel came in first. So now it's on to the Liberty Nationals in February.

For you guys that were here yesterday I wanted to let you know that the wrestler that was hit by the car in front of the arena is in Children's Healthcare here and is beginning his recovery.

Two of my children visited with his father this aftenoon and he said his son would miss 2 months of wrestling. The wrestler, Christian Schaub from Illinois was sedated. He has a broken leg and has pins in it. I'll probably visit him on Thursday and take some of our youth wrestlers to visit with him.