Anne Marie Lanning... need I say more?

movers

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland
They are good players... they made a name for themselves last year though... as freshmen!

825448982[/snapback]

i know, but havent gotten the name recongition or respect that anne marie has been given, so they have a chip on their shoulder, the proverbial something to prove

All I have to say about Anne Marie Lanning is that those of us who love Lady Cat Basketball here in Lawrence County sure were and are sorry that you guys decided to move back to the 'Boro.

Go Anne Marie!!! Not only is she a great player, but she is also a VERY sweet girl.

(And I am not even related to ANY of the Lannings...lol :))

Edited by MrsLadyCatsFan

I'm not related to Anne Marie or Jana. I do however think the world of both of these young ladies. They are both very talented players who will play at the college level. They're well grounded individuals on and off the court. Neither girl has to be put down to build up another. They each stand on their own merits.

Oakland[/url'>' date='Nov 23 2004 - 01:05 PM']since we are on the topic of naming sophmores, i got a few for my girls at oaktown: kierre McCleary and Tara Davis"TD". both will be the reason oakland makes state if they do :lol:

825448950[/snapback]

Would that be KiKi and TD from Team Pride If so, some great talent. Rest of girls minus Tory who is at Riverdale are at Upperman. All are solid sophmores that play a lot. Upperman starts 3 or 4 soph.

I think that Anne Marie is a good player but I think that she needs a better team around her to make them really have some success. I can't imagine how good she's going to be when she gets to be a senior. But if you put a good defensive player on her she can be stopped. I've seen it. She is a great player and works hard but she can also be stopped.... and so can many other great players out there. SHe's a good player and will go far. I think that sometimes she doesn't get the recognition that she should. Don't worry though because she will as she gets older. Good luck this season Riverdale!!!

Ain't it so sweet that Lanning and the Cross girls have their own little family fan club here on Coach T.  Need I say more!?!  :D  :D

825449179[/snapback]

JIMMY,

I dont know how many times I have to say this, but it doesn't really matter whether it is a family member or a friend or a complete stranger that is bragging about a player. The point is that if what is said is true, it shouldn't matter. Ree is a heck of a player and yes I am her sister, but i certainly have a right to get on here and talk about a good player, whether we are sisters or not.

JIMMY,

I dont know how many times I have to say this, but it doesn't really matter whether it is a family member or a friend or a complete stranger that is bragging about a player. The point is that if what is said is true, it shouldn't matter. Ree is a heck of a player and yes I am her sister, but i certainly have a right to get on here and talk about a good player, whether we are sisters or not.

825459876[/snapback]

It is good to see you standing up for your sister. I have seen Anne Marie and Jana play over the years and they are both great. As for the remark about the family fan club, if Jimmy knew these girls personally, he would know that both these girls are very humble

about their abilities and do not blow their own horn. Some players are blessed to have a strong support system in family and friends. Good luck Anne Marie and Jana!