Grace Baptist lost to Washburn?

bobcatfan300

I'm in middle TN and have never even heard of Washburn. I've never seen a post about them on here, but they beat Grace Academy? I thought I knew about every good program, and most of the others. This is a big surprise. Can anyone tell me about Washburn, their program and are they for real? What happened to Grace Academy? I thought they were supposed to be one of the top A teams.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Washburn is a public school(about 200 students) that's been around for decades but since they don't have football that probably explains why you never heard of them. There is a new Grace(at least new to TSSAA) located in Knoxville. This is the one that lost to Washburn. So you have Grace Chattanooga and Grace Knoxville. This should confuse people all season long

Washburn is a public school(about 200 students) that's been around for decades but since they don't have football that probably explains why you never heard of them. There is a new Grace(at least new to TSSAA) located in Knoxville. This is the one that lost to Washburn. So you have Grace Chattanooga and Grace Knoxville. This should confuse people all season long

825449107[/snapback]

If what I hear is corrrect Washburn will in the near future join Rutledge and become Grainger County H.S.

Yes this will be a problem all year long. The team that got state runner up last year is Grace baptist Academy from chattanooga. The team your talkin about losing to Washburn in Grace Christian out of knoxville. Even if you look at Grace baptists schedule on this site they have games on their that they dont even play. which would be game from grace christian that got put on there.

If what I hear is corrrect Washburn will in the near future join Rutledge and become Grainger County H.S.

825449152[/snapback]

The plan is something like that Big Daddy. What the school board intends to do is make Grainger County an open zone so that the kids that want to come to GCHS can and those that want to stay at Washburn can.

In the end though, I think that all of the kids at Washburn will see how good it is at the new school and all of them will be there...and Grainger Co. will join the IMAC...

So...how's Jared?

What's with this new Grace school...couldn't they get a name of their own? I don't pay much attention to football, but never heard of Washburn in basketball. Have they had much success in the past? I see they are 2-0. Are they very good? Thanks for everyone helping to clear this up...except for Grace Christian...get a new name!!! If I were Grace Baptist, I wouldn't be too happy about the imposter school losing and having everyone in Tennessee thinking they've lost!

Grace Chrisitian School has been around for several years, but this is just the first year that they're eligible for being a part of TSSAA. The school is run by a church named Grace Christian, so it be kinda dumb to change the name.

825450249[/snapback]

cosbybasketball30,

Year in year out Washburn is not as talented as other teams, but they do play hard and have a very good young coach in Aaron Clay. Plus I believe the last time Washburn and Cosby played Washburn WON. They may have played since the 2001-2002 season, but I do not think so. Now year in and year out Cosby is a MUCH better team, but that is the reason we play the games.