Predictions for 4A semi's

Pooley

No Way!!!  Of course Maryville can be beat.  But remember last year's loss to MoWest in the semi's (Tenn high got slaughtered by that MoWest team in the previous round)  Maryville had 5 or 6 turnovers and lost by very little, in fact drove and had a chance to win it, with a sloppy field at an away staduim.  Maryville will score around 20 points a game on any team, with everything going wrong.  If they play their A-game, it will be in the mid 30's to 40's. 

In my humble opinion this game comes down to Tennessee High's schedule.  Either it's legit and they are a darn good team, or they dominated a traditionally weak region which some say is even weaker this year.  Just look at the quarters.  Maryville beat a Central team which lost to 2 teams all year - Maryville twice, and McCallie by 2 @ McCallieElizabethton had 3 other regular season losses besides Tenn High.  They are more of a Rhea Co. type (also with 4 losses) who Maryville played in the first round.  This is not to disrespect Betsy, they earned their spot by winning, but the talent level was not as good for them this year as it has been in the past. 

I believe we will know by the end of the first quarter if Tenn is for real.  Maryville has been tried by fire in the past few years, we know we're good.  If Tenn isn't up to it, it could be a blowout.  If it's close after the first quarter anything can go.

Good luck to all the undefeated teams.  This is a great semifinal bracket!

825452797[/snapback]

You can't go off of last years stats and scores. It's in the past and games can be played poorly or excellent on any given Friday. thumb

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In order for White House to win they will have to play ball control in which they are very capable of doing. They MUST play smart & have very few mistakes. Melrose will be the better athletic team with lots of speed. White House must not let Melrose run wild. They need to win the time of posession statistic. They yneed to force Melrose into some long fields. Dont let Melrose get the early momentum. Good luck to the Blue Devils.

White House 21

Melrose 18

Maryville game - I have no idea. My prediction is based only because Maryville knows how to win the big games.

Maryville 28

TN High - 21