Elizabethton vs. Cloudland

coachh17

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Cloudland can handle the OUTSTANDING Cyclone defensive Trap, Cloudland wins.

If EHS is able to avoid foul trouble in what is sure to be a Very Physical game, Cyclones win.

If Cloudland can make this a half-court game, and cover Camaron Crapps, possibly with a box-one, again I think Cloudland wins.

However, I have to think that Elizabethton will convert off their defensive pressure; that's when RIKKI becomes dominant.

But, Coach Birchfield is never heistant to go deep into his bench. That, that DEPTH thing again, is important. At this point in the season, Depth favors Cloudland.

EHS has the all-stater; but there seems to be a major learning curve taking place with all the youth. The Lady Cyclones lost more to graduation than what some might think; three starters and an outstanding defensive player are off to college. It's NEVER easy to replace that many players.... not this early in the season.

Therefore, I think CLOUDLAND wins in a SLUG-FEST.

KRich:

I think Cloudland will have trouble scoring against the cyclones defense. I don't think they will score in the sixties or seventies. The cyclones definitely need to get Rikki and Michaela more touches in the half court game. Cloudland will not go box and one on Crapps. If anything they will give Eliz the outside shot and try and deny the pass in to the post. As for depth, the cyclones top seven all played varsity last year, so they arent as green as you indicate. Should be a great matchup.

If EHS is able to avoid foul trouble in what is sure to be a Very Physical game, Cyclones win.

Elizabethton will make the fouls BUT will they be called. They sure seem to get away with a lot of fouls for the past 2 or 3 years. One thing Cloudland has going is that they are also a Carter County team. Don't know who lined up the officiating.

Final score:

Elizabethton 68

Cloudland 26

Cloudland was never in this game. It was 19-4 at the end of one qtr and 36-13 Cyclones at the half. Very balanced scoring for the Cyclones. Several players in double figures with at least seven players with five points or more. Cloudland gave the Cyclones the outside shot and Redd made them pay early with multiple threes to open up the inside game.

Great game Cyclones!!

Krich:

What was your take on this game? Cyclone bench got plenty of minutes tonight and held up very well.

Go Cloudland!  Beat them Cyclones to death!

825453507[/snapback]

If Cloudland can handle the OUTSTANDING Cyclone defensive Trap, Cloudland wins. 

If Cloudland can make this a half-court game, and cover Camaron Crapps, possibly with a box-one, again I think Cloudland wins. 

However, I have to think that Elizabethton will convert off their defensive pressure; that's when RIKKI becomes dominant.

But, Coach Birchfield is never heistant to go deep into his bench.  That, that DEPTH thing again, is important.  At this point in the season, Depth favors Cloudland.

EHS has the all-stater; but there seems to be a major learning curve taking place with all the youth. The Lady Cyclones lost more to graduation than what some might think; three starters and an outstanding defensive player are off to college.  It's NEVER easy to replace that many players.... not this early in the season.   

Therefore, I think CLOUDLAND wins in a SLUG-FEST.

825453489[/snapback]

Patriot, dream on. You better worry about your Lady Pats. Why would you be pulling so hard against Elizabethton. We didnt pour it on you too bad in our scrimmage. Your saving grace is that AAA District One is down this year. Cloudland beats Tenn High; Hampton beats Science Hill; Volunteer beats you guys; Daniel Boone may be the only good team.

Krichunaka:

Now what you got to say babeeeee?? Elizabethton 68 Cloudland 26.

Edited by TheIceMan

Elizabethton absolutely pounded Cloudland. I think it's quite odd that Cloudland scored 26 points in the first quarter against Tennessee High and scored 26 total points against Elizabethton. Not one Lady Cyclone played bad tonight. Their bench effort was powerful. They actually extended the lead in the last few minutes. I think the depth award goes to the Cyclones on this one. Yes, games as good as this one don't come quite often for a lot of teams, but if they continue to play like this they will have an amazing, possibly (school) record-breaking season.

Tomorrow should be a good matchup between the Lady Cyclones and Morristown West - 5:30 @ HVHS

Edited by Etown4Life

Quoting coachescorner:

Krich:

What was your take on this game? Cyclone bench got plenty of minutes tonight and held up very well.

I elaborated to some extent on the other thread, but I think you put it perfectly: The EHS bench was remarkable; and that, even with Treadway playing sick. Bush played well, positioned well and garnered six points the hard way, sheer hustle. Bench play is very much predicated upon how the starters are doing. It's so much better to bring in players only to maintain momentum, as opposed to expecting them to win the game. That said, the EHS bench, again, was outstanding tonight.

Cloudland didn't defend the perimeter. They'll get much better, and will give Unaka fits later in the season. Baughman was quiet offensively. Nine points, six of them in the fourth quarter. But Rikki brings so much more to the court than points. What she and Michaela did under the baskets was as much to do with the big win as was the shooting on the other end. They both played very well.

It will still come down to depth. You guys are in a very tough conference; but that's another post for another time. And again, NOTHING should be stated here, least of all by me, to downplay the tremendous effort by the Lady Cyclones tonight.

Kim Richardson