Temple vs. McCallie on Tuesday Night

oldtimeballer63

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say this game completely depends on the pace of the game- if it reamins up tempo the entire game temple will win- If McCallie slows it down and bangs it inside I think they will win- temple is faster and has better guard play- McCallie is bigger and stronger and has a better inside game- the game will be compltetely determined by the coaches- whoever coacher better will win- temple could be in for some trouble then...

I would say this game completely depends on the pace of the game- if it reamins up tempo the entire game temple will win- If McCallie slows it down and bangs it inside I think they will win- temple is faster and has better guard play- McCallie is bigger and stronger and has a better inside game- the game will be compltetely determined by the coaches- whoever coacher better will win- temple could be in for some trouble then...

825460171[/snapback]

I think your right, and McCallie once again is too much for Temple to handle, I mean I know that they have handled bigger teams before, but until I see the game, I give it to McCallie.

McCallie won by 17. I'm not sure what the exact score was but i know it was by 17. The game was actually a lot closer than the score, but McCallie just ran away with it in the 4th quarter. This was one of the most poorly coached games I have seen in McCallie's coach Ken Henry yet they still win by 17. McCallie won with sheer athleticism and no coaching. Henry just shuffled in 5 players at a time and no one could really get in a rythm until #33 caught fire towards the end of the third/beginning of the fourth. Henry also sat Brett Rawlings for most of the second half who is undoubtedly their best player. However, they did win by 17, but with better coaching it wouldn't have been near as close as it was throughout the whole game.

I quote the master......

I think your right, and McCallie once again is too much for Temple to handle, I mean I know that they have handled bigger teams before, but until I see the game, I give it to McCallie.

825460192[/snapback]

Man that guy is good, McCallie did roll, Temple just lost it in the fourth, sorry but Temple is not as good as people think, I mean their good , but not top five good.

If Temple would play just a little defense they would stay in games. The depend on late runs to win games. This works alot but against a better team they have to play in the first half as well.

They are a frustrating team to watch. They should do very well in class A this year.

Caleb and Seth are great on the offensive end and Dee is quick. A little team defense and this team could play with anyone. (well maybe not anyone but most)

It was overall at pretty good game. It was close until the fourth quarter but then McCallie pulled away. Coaching on both ends was a little weird. McCallies subing was aweful and very rarely had the best 5 players on the court. I think temples lack of depth may have hurt them in this one but the bottom line was temple just couldnt match up with McCallie. McCallie did a very good job on Caleb in the first half limiting him to only 4 points. And in the end McCallie was too big and too athletic for Temple.