NEW!! Class of 2005 Player Rankings!

gomab2

gomab2,

In your opinion, out of the three men who were chosen,who do you believe will be awarded with Class A Mr. Basketball?

And I may be mistaken, but I thought I saw that the Grizzlies are not hosting the presentation, but that it will be presented at the State Championship...is this true?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you are mentioning the class of 2005, the best kept secret in Memphis might be sneaking out right under your noses. That's right, Jason 'JT' Toliver from Memphis Mitchell High school. Doesn't Play much AAU. Just works on his game during the summer by his self. Was a role player on a talented team @ MHS. Has secretly commited to Rice University. Played with JP Prince, Jordan Mincy, Collin Cunningham, Vashon Ingram, Michael Rice and others. Ironically enough, he isn't a secret to the players in Memphis. Everyone Knows JT!! Posterchild for believing in developing game rather thsn playing alot of AAU and Pickup. Go ask somebody.

Since you are mentioning the class of 2005, the best kept secret in Memphis might be sneaking out right under your noses. That's right, Jason 'JT' Toliver from Memphis Mitchell High school. Doesn't Play much AAU. Just works on his game during the summer by his self. Was a role player on a talented team @ MHS. Has secretly commited to Rice University. Played with JP Prince, Jordan Mincy, Collin Cunningham, Vashon Ingram, Michael Rice and others. Ironically enough, he isn't a secret to the players in Memphis. Everyone Knows JT!! Posterchild for believing in developing game rather thsn playing alot of AAU and Pickup. Go ask somebody.

825611641[/snapback]

wow! this guy sounds really talented...Rice? that is a great school! But of coarse in Memphis they raise them a whole lot different...It must be the water...I wish I had skills to be a great baller!

825611641[/snapback]

Oh. Yeah! JT is the truth. People don't really understand how good he really is. 40 inch ups with a sweet jumper and nice handles. He is the real deal. Coach Johnson just didn't let him play as much as he could have because he didn't learn all of his system.(he transfered from Whitehaven after his 10th grade year 'cause his coach left) I told him everyday to play AAU during the Summer But he just wants to workout in the gym by his self. He still ended up gettin' recruited by 3 D1's. Mark it down. He is C-USA's Freshman of the year next year.

Thadd Young

With all of the connections on these boards, there are a number of kids I would really like to see, especially from West Tn, since it's very close, at the Showcase SATURDAY...

Among those are:

-Demarcus Patrick, Halls (and some of his teammates)

-Tony Tyler, Lake Co (and a bunch of his teammates, Gleaves, Mays,etc)

-Mitchell kids (especially Brandon Powell, Andre Thornton, Thad, etc)

-Alan North (!!!)(heard great things from Substate, he needs to be there)

-Jon Sexton, Munford

Memphis schools: so much talent in Memphis that don't get enough recognition...

as well as players from all nearby West Tn schools where it's such a short drive...

-Milan, Jackson Southside, JCM, JCS, USJ, Gibson Co, Lake Co, Halls, Greenfield, Fayette Ware, Brighton, Covington, etc...

With all those pre-registered, definitely show up early if you're a walk-in wanting to participate (9am)

KAO...

Ask the Fairley fans who is better between JP and Reginald: No Contest...

In addition, Regianld has outplayed JP in every head to head meeting, and his team advanced much further than JP's in HS this year... That is complete ignorance to say I show "too much favortism" toward Midstate Ballerz, especially in a case like this one...

J.P. ripped up Fairley in the city tournament though he was doubled teamed all game. Their hasn't been a head-to-head matchup between J.P. and Reginald Delk in 2005 so you can't compare any past summer matchups which the Y came out on top or last years state debacle of Jackson Northside.. They play different positions but J.P. is a consensus better talent at his position. He was picked a one of the top 10 players in the nation by the U.S. Olympic Committee.

KAO...

Ask the Fairley fans who is better between JP and Reginald: No Contest...

In addition, Regianld has outplayed JP in every head to head meeting, and his team advanced much further than JP's in HS this year... That is complete ignorance to say I show "too much favortism" toward Midstate Ballerz, especially in a case like this one...

825618366[/snapback]

Gomab, who is ranked higher in all of the high school sites? But only time will tell who is better on the next level. Im sure both are excellent players but one has to be better and when the dust settle, time WILL TELL!!