NEW!! Class of 2005 Player Rankings!

gomab2

I'm not too sure that Caleb Skogen should be put in the top 55 at all.

Yeah he's a pretty good baller but he's not the greatest all around player from what I've seen and heard. I've seen him play and one of the things I've seen is that he is many times "out of control". He drives to the basket alot -- but he misses many of his shots -- even layups. Yes, he many times will draw fouls -- but he really doesn't have a consistent outside shot.

But I will give him this, he is very quick and can handle the rock. I would say that he should be in the top 100 in the state.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caleb is a very good ballplayer, but just misses out on the Top 55...

Eric Orr also is a good player, but also just misses out. I am not as impressed with Eric as you are, and I have seen and coached against him many times. He is very talented, but still a 6'5 post who has shown attitude problems. He lost by 60 (!) points this summer to a local team out of Murfreesboro: top 55 players don't allow that to happen...

Pfaff signed D-1, and is 2 inches taller than Orr, which projects better at the next level. Bolden projects the ability to play the 3 much better than Orr. Bolden also averaged 20+ ppg and 10+ rpg last season as a junior, and ranked in the Top 40 in scoring at AAU Nationals (17 ppg) this past summer...

Eric West is #56 (probably should be higher), a 6'7 McNeese State signee...

Noel Smith is #57, and is leading the State in scoring...

Caleb is #65 currently...

There must be some force within this website that still believes that a nationally ranked top 25 player is still not the best player in the state. J.P. Prince started out as a top 10 guy entering his sophomore year when he was about 6'3 1/2 and by his senior year he's grown to 6'7 and surpassed everyone else who was ranked ahead of him, so this season will be no different. Prince is averaging over 30 points per game and close to a triple double. It will be great to see a potential Parade All-American take Mr .Basketball but remain ranked behind a Delk who's talented but also is mentored by whoever makes these rankings. Prince will see him in March.

That was MY BIGGEST Hits against ERIC his ATT-I-TuDE,,,,, Even Coach Reed Ran in to some problems with his ATT-I-TuDe,,, But Austin Peay University is very interested & ImPressed & the way their playing they CAN Use Eric & Drake Right Now..( LETs GO PEAY?).. They Just Can't REBOUND!!!!!! ;)

I was thinking ERIC Game wasn't well rounded, :o but I seen him play some impressive GAMEs over the Summer. B)

..... Noel Smith.. He is a GREAT Shooter he gets the JOB DONE on the Primeter..... I Like LIL Noel..... GREAT ATT-I-TUDE.... Just Keeping it REAL CROSS thumb

hey gomab i have two questions why is brandon shane so low, i mean he was a mr. basketball finalist wasn't he and that wasn't a joke. he's a really good player. And what happen to that point guard you was so in love with.........ummmmmmm all yeah his name was Antonio mitchell from Dyer co i mean he was always in your top 15 what happen to him did he fall off or something..... and it's pretty weird but i think JP prince is better than reginald delk and i've played against both of them but that's my opinion but in the end good job with the rankings i guess.

First off, you can't use the "since I coached a kid, I give him favoritism" cliche anymore...

Brandon Shane is an example. I love Brandon, and he played for me, yet I get questioned on why he is so low. So you can't use the opposite to explain why JP is behind Reginald...

Until I see differently, JP can't shoot a lick. We dare him to shoot everytime we play him, and he is still searching for his first outside shot. I watched other teams do the same this summer... I love JP's game, and he could be a future pro, but I like Reginald's more. Reginald does what JP can do, plus shoot better. But, all in all, as I said countless times before, Pick any of the Top 4 and you're a happy man. I fact, I should just put them each at #1 simultaneously... Some websites have Tyler ahead of JP. Some have Reginald ahead of JP. Some have JP ahead of Tyler, some have JP ahead of Reginald. The least hyped of the class nationally has always been Reginald (and Richard), yet they continue to come through, surprise all, and project as big time players. I heard all of the same things this time last year, and the twins shocked the state, blew out Gordon's Glencliff, upset Bradley, and made it to the State Finals where they ran into former AAU teammates Ervin and Pigram...

Jody Derra is a heck of a player, and one of my favorites. In fact, he had around 30 against our second team this summer... He does not project as a big time college player, so he isn't in the top 55, but he is highly rated, and simly knows how to play the game...

good rankings...i got one question though...wasnt Brandon Shane a A Mr.Basketball finalist last year? i havent seen him play but i would think he would be higher than 52 if he was.

825459729[/snapback]

Shane is a very good player close to the hoop. He is a good example of a good player who is made great by all the hype that he gets. The truth is he happens to play for a great coach who knows how to teach basketball and how to set up great game plans. Taking nothing away from Shane or the very good players in the past two yrs.