NEW!! Class of 2005 Player Rankings!

gomab2

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a name that is definitely missing from your list: Allen Rigsby.

He's a 6'4 shooting/point guard from Van Buren County who is being looked at by multiple Division 1 schools as well as NAIA and JUCOS. He is averaging 22+ points per game and is easily the best player in his region (a region that has Bailey from Pickett). In fact, at a team camp this summer he's team scrimmaged Tyner, beat them and he outplayed Jeff Smith in front of Coach Shulman from UTC. I'm not saying he's better, but on that day he was and he shouldn't be penalized for not playing AAU. I know no one is automatically throw him in their top 20 but from an innocent fan's point of view that is where he belongs.

Well, gomab... you have any other info on Rigsby?

825514714[/snapback]

I'm not gomab but I can tell you Rigsby is the real deal. I can understand why he isn't in the top 55, he doesn't play AAU ball and until this year he didn't realize how to use his ability to dominate a game. But right now he is playing as well as any player in his classification in the state. He is a ligitimate 6'4" guard. He handles the ball well, has outstanding quickness and speed, and can jump out of the gym. Above average shooter who is a great shooter when he uses his drives to the basket to get into a rhythm. He is also only going to improve as this is only his second true year of high school basketball. I'm not putting him in the class of Tyler Smith or Josh Wright, but he is a major to mid-major talent and prospect. I have seen the kid from Pickett County play, and although he may be a more complete player at this time, he is no where near as athletic as Rigsby, and Rigsby is understanding the game better week by week. I would encourage anyone who has the chance to come and see for yourself what a great tallent this young man is. Last night he caught the ball at the foul line, spun out of a double team, took two dribbles and dunked over a player with two others hanging off of him. He is impressive. Gomab, if you have any suggestions on how to get more college coaches aware of him, I would appreciate the suggestions and pass them on to him and his coach. ;)

Well, I made some phone calls about Rigsby the past few days, and you guys seem to be right: the word is he is the real deal. Jury is out on whether or not he is better than Bailey, and many of the coaches I talked to like Bailey better. Nonetheless, Rigsby seems to be a true diamond in the rough...

Email me at my hotmail account, Coachshul@ and I would like to talk about his recruitment...

In addition there are two very good evaluation Showcases coming up after the HS season ends, both of which would be VERY beneficial to a kid like Rigsby who lacks exposure...

-One is my showcase, the Gomab Recruiting Showcase, which will be in March.

-The other is at MTSU in April, sponsored by Southern Prep Hoops.

There are no East TN players on either list, but Science Hill Sophomore Omar Wattad has to be one of the top sophs in the state. He's leading our school to an overachieving season under new coach Ken Cutlip and has looked very impressive, even as a top scorer last year as a freshman. He's 6'6, very athletic and versatile, has a great 3 and a great inside game. He reminds me of a Dirk-type playerand I definitely see a D-1 school in his future. I don't know if the rankings are just for mid-state but I saw West TN players on there and not one East TN player.