Congrats to Greenbrier's Herndon (& Company)

GreenbrierCat2

Congratulations ROGER and the whole Greenbrier Bobcat football team! I think we all know by now that Roger will humbly hold that trophy for the whole Greenbrier team and community! Like the Thanksgiving article said, you guys play FOR each other and keep on keepin' on. I wish they could hand out awards for the whole team, but that will come NEXT week! thumb

One MORE game, Greenbrier. Keep your eyes on the PRIZE! This is your last game, Seniors but it is "THE BIGGIE". The Bobcats CAN do it....keep your focus and determination to end this season right.

WAY TO GO, Mr. Football! We're all proud of the Bobcats!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With "no doubt", he definitely went out every week and EARNED that award....and he had a few teammates who helped out along the way. :D

I know Roger is a humble guy and will give tons of credit to his teammates (which they deserve). But, he still had to go out there and take on the best every one had to offer in trying to shut him down and "knock him out" each week.

He answered the bell each and every round and put it to each opponent, whether he outran them or lowered his head and ran them over......whether he went out to catch a pass or lowered the boom on a bone-crushin' tackle......whether he darted in front of a well-thrown pass for an interception or as a decoy that drew in 5 defenders while another one of our backs scooted down the field.....whether he took a bone-crushing hit and just shook it off or was dragging 3 - 4 defenders with him as he ran down the field, ROGER EARNED IT!

Great recognition for a very hard-working student-athelete!

Edited by FatCat

I wanted to throw in my congratulations to Roger! I've been sitting in the stands for about 8 years now, and the last 4 years of games have always been better than the last. As a parent, there's something that makes me feel pride when I see kids I've watched become young men be so successful. There are players on this team that I think the world of and I'm so proud of the whole team.

Kudos to you young man. Some of the things I've seen from you in the last four years: You've run down the field with defensive players hanging on you like Christmas tree ornaments, and you've gotten up from a tackle when the whole crowd groaned a collected "ooooohhh". I've sat in the stands and when we were in a crunch, heard people quietly whisper "give it to Roger." And you brought the crowd to it's feet when the game was a nailbiter and your words after the games are never about "I" but "we", and with class and humility you make sure to let anyone know that the team is part of your success. To me, that is what makes you Mr. Football.

Congratulations.

Way to go Roger. The whole town is proud of you and this whole team. This team is great, and I was glad I could be around all of you for the 2 years I was. We will be there in full force Saturday. You are one of the most humble players I've played with and you handled the pressure put on you very well. Congrats again and bring it home on Saturday.

Edited by justin groves 03

Stay focused! This will be a crazy week for the entire Bobcat team but just keep your eyes on the prize. Just continue to prepare the way that you have for the last 10 years and know that you are in the championship game for one reason. This Bobcat team has been considered one of the top teams for the last two years. Go out and show what you're capable of.

Who are the LEGIT colleges after him? oh yeh congrats!

825459456[/snapback]

Vanderbilt is the front runner. He went on a visit to UT last weekend. Tennesse Tech is also on the list. Several out of state colleges are way down the list. He wants to stay in the state of Tennessee.

He will not make any decisions until after Saturday.

I hope you Marshall County fans will come out and support region 5 this weekend.

With "no doubt", he definitely went out every week and EARNED that award....and he had a few teammates who helped out along the way.  :P

I know Roger is a humble guy and will give tons of credit to his teammates (which they deserve). But, he still had to go out there and take on the best every one had to offer in trying to shut him down and "knock him out" each week.

He answered the bell each and every round and put it to each opponent, whether he outran them or lowered his head and ran them over......whether he went out to catch a pass or lowered the boom on a bone-crushin' tackle......whether he darted in front of a well-thrown pass for an interception or as a decoy that drew in 5 defenders while another one of our backs scooted down the field.....whether he took a bone-crushing hit and just shook it off or was dragging 3 - 4 defenders with him as he ran down the field, ROGER EARNED IT!

Great recognition for a very hard-working student-athelete!

825458063[/snapback]

Great Post!