Maryville Vs. Melrose 4a Title Game

PrideofDixie

Maryville 27-13. Maryville is just too balanced on offense and the defense does not get the credit they deserve. For you Melrose fans that do not know because I haven't seen it posted on any of the threads, Maryville lost their starting MLB about 6-7 games in I think to a torn ACL. He was the leader of the defense, but here in Maryville we just have someone else step in and make the plays. That is why we are different than any other school you have seen. A player can go down at any position on either side of the ball, and his backup will come in and pick the slack up. Getting young players valuable playing time is something that GQ has always done, and it shows every time that Maryville has someone go down. No let ups yet, except the struggles in the second half without Tallent and Byner. However, the next week without them, two soph. RB's played their hearts out and showed that there will be no drop off at the RB position for years to come. Good luck to both teams. I hope we have an injury free game, but again Maryville is just too good.

Maryville-27

Melrose-13