Watauga Conference-How are things looking?

doubleplay96

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did the Unicoi Hampton game go last night?

What about the Unaka HV game?

825465742[/snapback]

Happy Valley beat Unaka. Someone else can provide the score, but It went from a 5 to a 21 point lead during the third before Unaka cut it back to single digits a couple of times. Unaka will have to develop another player or depth will hurt them. WOW, what Talent at Happy Valley! But Warriors, get some chemistry and consistency or it will be a very disappointing season come tournament time.

Happy Valley won a State Championship in 1974.

Unaka won a State Championship in 2004.

I don't think Unaka has had a winning record over either school for a period of more than one or two seasons since John Hyatt coached the Rangers during the late-sixties - - - early seventies, when he often defeated the Warriors, Cyclones and sometimes the Blue Devils; but bragging that one team is bigger, better; or attempting to de-rate a State Championship is pathetic. STATE CHAMPIONS! That's amazing. Strange how a Carter County team wouldn't be happy for another Carter County team winning a State Championship.

We were glued to the T V set (yes, they televised it then) when Happy Valley won one for all of Carter County in 1974. It was incredible! Ask Marty. This just doesn't make sense.

its been a while since i have been on here, and apparently alot of things have changed in my former beloved conference. What happened to Chucky from Volunteer? I know i havent been home in a while but i figured i would have heard something about him.

So who are the best players in the conference? I figure that Happy Valley has a couple of them, i think they were sophmores when i was in school, Bowman and Caldwell, and from what ive heard they can play a little bit but how bout some other names?

4.Unicoi- Have saw them play once this year and was very impressed.Coach England is in my opinion on of the best coaches in that conference they are athletic on the outside they have very good point guard and a good young talented group of post players this team.Look for them to upset some teams and make alot of noise come tournament time.

5.Volunteer- Lost 2 games down at the Pickett County tournament but still should be able to hold there own when it comes to conference play returning there point guard back and J.C Frazier dont count them out just yet they will still be tough when it comes to conference play.

1. Here we go  first off Unicoi coaches name is ENGLISH I dont know how you mistake England for English.

2. J.C. Frazier Graduated from High school the boys name you are refering to is JACOB

3. If you dont know that much about the teams ecpecially there coaches name dont talk about them.

4. If you are Putting Volunteer at 5 you are simply crazy Central beat a Happless Sullivan East team that wont finsh in the top 5 of the Big 7 if that says anything.

825463479[/snapback]

What are you talking about... EAST beat CENTRAL 11/30/04. The score was 70 to 66!