Class of 2006, Junior Rankings now up

gomab2

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Beau.. he is close to Top 55.. I don't like how he projects on the next level... 6'2 PF/WF that doesn't shoot well. Very good HS player, though.. and, yes, the lack of AAU excperience may have hurt a little bit in his ranking...

I still want to hear more opinions on Crenshaw and Bone, who look to be two of the faster rising juniors in Middle TN...

Roper and Oden also both missed the list barely, and are both very good players...

GOMAB, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Before reading these new rankings I respected your opinions about high school basketball quite a bit, but wow you sure did mess up here!

For one Crenshaw is the best junior in metro, by far(and no i didnt forget about Cruther- he should have stuck with football!). From what i have seen early this year he is one of the top in metro regardless of class.

And to put Jeremy Saffore in the top 25?!?!?!?1 HAHAHAHA whew i got a good laugh when i saw that! i know the kid is 7'0 but u cant put someone who plays with NO heart, NO enthusiasim, and NO will to win in the top 25. I dont believe he even averaged 10 pts. a game last year and he will be lucky to do so this year. Post players like Dotson and Barnes will push him around in 11-AAA ALL YEAR!

Man have you even seen this guy play? He is not even one of the top 3 juniors on his team (and Hillwood by no means has a roster full of superstar).

and oh year in your senior rankings, johnny lee is the 2nd best player on MLK? man i think you need to watch middle tn basketball a little more closely!

Saffore is a very good prospect, and (if he has grades), will sign Division 1... Remember my rankings are a combination of present production and future projection... Saffore is a great prospect: he has size you simply can't teach...

Example: who would have thought Renard Robinson of Hume Fogg would sign in teh SEC???? Of course Barnes and Dotson will dominate Saffore this year: they are older, stronger, and much more mature... Saffore has great upside, and is averaging over 10ppg as a Junior, which is MUCH better than Robinson at the same age...

As for Crenshaw, I asked about him... less bashing and more details would be much more beneficial...

I saw Crenshaw over the summer, and he was very, very, very average. He was only 5'11/6'0, and did ALL of his scoring (which wasn't much) in the Post. How many 5'11 posts play D-1??? But then I saw what he is doing now in the statbooks, and see he is hitting some outside shots, so I want to get more info on him and see him again... Details would be helpful...

Also, Crutcher got it done on a bigger stage, this summer. Crenshaw would benefit from playing with the Travelers, Ballerz, or Memphis Y to create a recruiting stir about him if he is that good...

Gomab,

Crenshaw has developed an outside game. He's really improved and the kid has alot of heart. He's averaging an estimate of 25-30 points a game. The kid can score. Crenshaw is also a strong rebounder and loves to get up and down the floor. One more thing, he gets to the free throw line more than anybody I know of. You gotta keep an eye out on this guy. Keep doin what you doin. You're doin a great job

Gomab, Crenshaw may have improved his outside game a little but he is still not a good prospect. He is a very good strong highschool player. But he is only about six foot and as you said gets most of his points by muscling people inside. He doesn't have a great outside shot but he is fast and strong. about Bone, he came back at the end of the aau season just for nationals and absolutely tore it up from 3 averaging about 20 ppg. He could be scoring a lot more if Wright wasn't on his team. He's about 6'2 and way stronger than Deion.

i know all about his size, but you cant teach someone to have heart either!! You have to WANT to win and WANT to get better! When have you seen him play? I remember he played well in the district tourny last year but sitting in the stands at the Leroy Wright Tourny he appeared to be lazy and passive. Not to bash him, but it dosent apper he really wants to be a bball player. I understand your list is based off of potential and that any 7 footer is going to attract attention, but the kid is not top 25 material.

I also saw Crenshaw and Crutcher at the tourny. Crutcher was a nonfactor and was actually on the bench about half the game in one i saw, a good point gaurd but he didnt appear to be a scorer or shooter by any means. Crenshaw on the other hand was lighting it up and brought McGavok back to life after a slow start to a good Stratford team. Crenshaw, from what i saw, can flat out shoot the ball from anywhere 3pt line and in. He is very athletic and very energetic, i believe he will crack your list when you see him in person!