Region 6-5A

FHSrebel27

I was wondering were you heard that from too. I also noticed when he got in the game one week he took an 18 yard drop on a punt?? anyway, I have also seen him kick, but I truly believe that John Thomas will be the starting kicker next year. I saw him kick and was impressed. I believe that John Bell has a shot at punting, but I wouldn't put my money on him doing the kicking duties..... sorry. And Maybe you were mistaken with that 55 yard field goal. David Campbell didi it in a game and i know he does it in practice, but i just don't think that Bell could possibly hit a field goal from that distnace...... :D

825472043[/snapback]

Edited by football17

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's tone it down on the all caps, man. It makes it extremely hard to read. Thanks! thumb

Congratulations to the following Franklin Rebel football players on being named to the ALL REGION football team: Ben Cross, David Defatta, Carl Gilliam, Titus Hardemon, Mac Hibbett, and John Hewitt. Most Valuable Honors in Region 6-5A went to the following Franklin football players: Most Valuable Kicker: David Campbell; Most Valuable Defensive Back: Stephen Hotard; Most Valuable Defensive Lineman: Tim Leach; Most Valuable Player in Region 6-5A: Derrian Waters.

Why are you typing in all caps?

I think it is great you aspire to be the best! Keep working hard and you can acheive what you hope for!

Clarification - Colby did not perform all the Kicking Duties, it was split between Carry Alexander and Colby Smith, until Alexander suffered an injury late in their senior year.

With the quality of the kickers waiting in the wings, I wouldn't be surprised to see a split of the duties at FHS for a number of years.

Bottom line- FHS will continue the tradition of puting out quality kickers and punters, good luck next year football17!

back to the topic of region 6-5A:

Some of the names that stood out to me from other teams:

From BHS - Heimerdinger, Welch, Mcurdy, with the possibility of Walsh and Hobbs. (there will be more, just not sure of the names of the Line and Line backers)

From CHS - Steele, Wolfe, Dumke

From RHS - Becker, Jennings, maybe Dylan Williams

From HCHS - McNurl

From Clarksville - The QB and Receiver

I HAVE TALKEDE TO THE FHS COACHES AND THEY ALL SAY THAT BELL WILL START ALL KICKING LIKE COLBY SMITH DID WHILE HE WAS A SENIOR.  JOHN THOMAS DOESN'T KICK AS FAR OR AS ACCURATE AS BELL IN PRACTICE!  AND DON'T YOU KNOW THAT HE IS THE BROTHER OF JOE BELL/ DANTE HALL/, SPECIAL TEAMS MVP OF THE 2003 SEASON FOR REGION 6-5A.  HE HAS NEVER MISSED A FIELD GOAL THIS JV SEASON WHICH HE WENT 6-6 WITH A LONG OF 45 YDS.  HE ALSO IN A KICKING CAMP HAD PUNTS OF 48-59-61 YDS IN THE AIR.  DURING WARM UPS FOR THE BLUE CROSS BOWL BELL WAS KICKING 35 YD. FIELD GOALS WITH ABOUT 20-25 YDS. TO SPARE TOO. THAT 18 YD DROP WAS HIS MISTAKE, BUT HE WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN.  DAVID CAMPBELL ALSO AGREES THAT BELL WILL BE STARTING KICKOFFS AND FIELD GOALS NEXT YEAR,  TAKE THAT FROM THE STARTER FROM THE PAST 3 YEARS.  FINALLY, HE HAS VISIONS OF BEING MR. FOOTBALL FOR NEXT YEAR, AND I DON'T SEE ANY REASON WHY THAT CAN'T BE ACCOMPLISHED, IF HE WORKS HARD THIS OFF-SEASON.

825472271[/snapback]

I would hate to say it but you are mistaken my son. And this would be David Campbell speaking. I have never once stated that John Bell, or should i say football17, would be the starting kicker on all parts of the kicking game next year. Maybe a decent kicker in practice but when it comes to any part of a game he screws it up. I am a little ticked that you would put words into my mouth to make yourself feel better about yourself. You rarely, and i mean very very rarely ever make a 55 yarder in practice, let alone a game. Punting may, and i say may as in a small chance unless you get over yourself and stop thinking highly of yourslef, have the punting duties next year but with the way the three under Bell are beginning to kick and punt it will even be a long shot at that. John Thomas has begun to striek the ball extremely well day in and day out is much more consistant that Bell.

Oh Really....who did you hear that from?

825471924[/snapback]

you know who this is BIG DOG DADDY, KICKERBUDDY, its me dirty dirty, and i just wanted to see what your reaction to my posting somthing dumb. for those who read my last post, but working man got a little out of hand by his post and all heck broke loos on my part because i was board and wanted to type somthing rediculous. i also agree that john thomas is an excellent kicker, and that he has shown that he is very good with his field goals and his punting has really improved. it will be really fun working with thomas next year. my apoligies to all, John Bell aka dirty dirty

Edited by football17

you know who this is, its me dirty dirty, and i just wanted to see what your reaction to my posting somthing dumb.  for those who read my last post, but working man got a little out of hand by his post and all heck broke loos on my part because i was board and wanted to type somthing rediculous.  i also agree that john thomas is an excellent kicker, and that he has shown that he is very good with his field goals and his punting has really improved.  it will be really fun working with thomas next year.  my apoligies to all,  John Bell aka dirty dirty

825473453[/snapback]

I want to know how I got out of hand mr. dirty..... All i was stating was that I have seen you kick and i don't think as of right now, that you would beat out john Thomas for kicking duties. I do so recall saying that i think you would punt next year, so I can get out of hand if you really want me to, but i was just stating the facts...

I want to know how I got out of hand mr. dirty..... All i was stating was that I have seen you kick and i don't think as of right now, that you would beat out john Thomas for kicking duties. I do so recall saying that i think you would punt next year, so I can get out of hand if you really want me to, but i was just stating the facts...

825473872[/snapback]

I was typing what i did in response to Big Dog Daddy just to see what he'd say and you became involved in it. as you can see i quoted what he said and not what you said. this off-season i will work 200% harder than i have before to be ready to prove to everybody what i can do with my skills, with the help from my kicking coach "Granddaddy". so next time you would like to come watch a practice you will have a change of mind.

For kicker dude, if and when you read my apoligetical post and read why i said the things i said, i was causing chaos in this forumn topic and i know that 0% of the things i said were true, i was just typing a redioculous post to get humerous responses from people.

Edited by football17