Region 6-5A

FHSrebel27

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope your coach reads this and bans you from the team.  What a disgrace.  You've had some great kickers in the past, and I know niether David's ever boasted themselves, or said anything stupid to get a reaction.  You should be ashamed.

825475100[/snapback]

everyone has different personalities, one of my personal traits is i think of myself highly/ im not boastong about my abilities, you must think i am GOD when it comes to kicking, but i have very many flaws that i need to work on, one such flaw is i am not focused 110% of the time. david campbell and david defatta are always focused/ that is why they've been so successful as kickers. if i am to be nearly as good as they were, i am going to have to be better focused during practice.

!my apoligies to all! :)

a big war eagle to you 12-0 season soon to be 13-0 :)

Edited by football17

I do not really care if you were just trying to get reactions from people, which i highly doubt as you have already stated you think highly of yourslef, as an FHS player it has been asked by all of the coaches that you stay off of the board and least of all talk about yourself or praise the team in any manner. As an uprising member on the team you should know most of all what not to say and what you posted about me saying you would be the kicker and what you posted about the coaches saying you would be the kicker is completely uncalled for due to the fact that neither of those conversations never happened. You will be soon going into your final season on teh football team, and trust me it comes and goes awfully fast, and the last thing u need to be doing is bringing attention to yourself in a negative way because it leaves less room for error during games because people expect more when you talk highly of yourself.

I do not really care if you were just trying to get reactions from people, which i highly doubt as you have already stated you think highly of yourslef, as an FHS player it has been asked by all of the coaches that you stay off of the board and least of all talk about yourself or praise the team in any manner.  As an uprising member on the team you should know most of all what not to say and what you posted about me saying you would be the kicker and what you posted about the coaches saying you would be the kicker is completely uncalled for due to the fact that neither of those conversations never happened.  You will be soon going into your final season on teh football team, and trust me it comes and goes awfully fast, and the last thing u need to be doing is bringing attention to yourself in a negative way because it leaves less room for error during games because people expect more when you talk highly of yourself.

825476841[/snapback]

I APPRECIATE YOUR CONCERN. THIS WILL BE MY LAST POST. YOU AND ME BOTH KNOW THAT I NEED LOTS OF HELP WITH FOOTBALL AND MY ATTITUDE TOWARDS SITUATIONS IN LIFE LIKE THIS ONE. I'M SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION IN WHAT I SAID, I DIDN'T REALIZE HOW BADLY I WAS LYING ABOUT EVERYTHING EVEN IF I WAS JUST PLAYING AROUND WITH PEOPLE. IF YOU COULD DO A FAVOR FOR ME JUST FORGIVE ME AND HELP ME TO BE A BETTER PERSON IN LIFE.

THANK YOU SENIORS FOR A MEMMORABLE YEAR AND BEST OF LUCK TO YOUR FUTURES IN COLLEGE. I REALLY ENJOYED THIS YEAR, AND CAN'T WAIT TILL THE FRANKLIN FOOTBALL TEAM MAKES THE STATE C-SHIP GAME NEXT YEAR. I WILL BE PLAYING NOT FOR MYSELF, BUT FOR YOU GUYS AND EVERYONE WHO HAS PLAYED FOOTBALL FOR FRANKLIN. I WILL PRACTICE AND PLAY MY HARDEST FOR MY TEAM. FROM NOW ON I WILL PUT THE TEAM FIRST PRIORITY OVER MY PRIORITIES.

GETTING BACK TO THE TOPIC. . . . .

Congratulations to the 2004 Region 6-5A Champion Bruins for the following All-Region awards.:

MVP Offensive Lineman-Stephen Slowey

MVP Punter-Chris Walsh

All-Region:

Brian Heimerdinger

Benjii Goff

Bruce McCurdy

Matt Hobbs

Thomas Welch

Brad Lifsey

Kyle Skiera

I know there were a lot more of you who could have, and might should have, earned recognition, but no one can question the qualifications of those chosen for being all-region, You guys were integral to posting the fourth straight championship and leaving a legacy for others to follow. With McCurdy, Goff, and Walsh returning, you'll have a good core to work from in 2005. I would also speculate that those starting juniors who were injured during the season, you would've been right there for honors as well. The 2004 Bruins made us all very proud.

Edited by fromthetop2

First of all let me say congratulations to the Franklin Rebels for representing the toughest 5A region in the Blue Cross Bowl. This will be Kenwood's final year in region 6-5A. We, as a coaching staff feel that playing at this level of competition for the last four years will benefit us greatly as we move down to region 6-4A. Our two all region players will be returning for their senior seasons next year. First player spent time at qb, slot, and wr on offense and played Bandit safety for us on defense. His name is Jeff Yelkovich. The second young man plays tackle on offense and defensive end for us. His name is Ricky Lumpkin. Both of these young men have seen quality playing time since their freshman year. We are looking for good things from both as we move into our new region next season.

Let me say from Brentwood's perspective, Kenwood always came to play and got the respect of the coaching staff and supporters. You guys have a unique situation to deal with in trying to field a quality football team, one that no other school in 6 5-A has to contend with. Four A may be more to your liking and offer more chances for success. Hopefully the new coaching staff will have more of a feel of what they can work with in the coming year.

Also, I am personally going to contact the TSSAA about Yelkovich and Lumpkin-they've been there since 1997, I promise you.

Good luck in the future.

I do not really care if you were just trying to get reactions from people, which i highly doubt as you have already stated you think highly of yourslef, as an FHS player it has been asked by all of the coaches that you stay off of the board and least of all talk about yourself or praise the team in any manner.  As an uprising member on the team you should know most of all what not to say and what you posted about me saying you would be the kicker and what you posted about the coaches saying you would be the kicker is completely uncalled for due to the fact that neither of those conversations never happened.  You will be soon going into your final season on teh football team, and trust me it comes and goes awfully fast, and the last thing u need to be doing is bringing attention to yourself in a negative way because it leaves less room for error during games because people expect more when you talk highly of yourself.

825476841[/snapback]

First of all, this thing got way off topic. Campbell, you're definitely a good leader and a class act. Do you have any idea about college yet? Also, if you'd give me your e-mail address or i'll give you mine, I'd like to talk to you a little bit about some of that stuff if you're interested.

from the top2, first thanks for the compliment about Kenwood. Yes, we do have a unique situation in the fact that this school is in a constant state of transition with military students making up a majority of our population. I do have to tell you though, you are mistaking about Lumpkin and Yelkovich. Those two young men were freshmen in the fall of 2002. I have been at this school since the fall of 2000 and coached against Kenwood in 1997 and 1998 and I know for a fact that these two young men are going to return for their senior season in the fall of 2005.

Thanks for the compliments from all! I have been at Kenwood since it opened and it is tough to coach where your roster can change from year to year and not because of seniors leaving! We have a director of schools and school board members that rezone all the time! The last 4 years we have been at 5A level with 4A numbers! the TSSAA did not take in to consideration that rossview was opening and they rejected our appeals! So we have suffered thru some lean times. I do believe that with us moving back to 4A, we can compete again. I feel for Northeast as they will be in the same situation we were in 4 years ago. As far as Yelkovich and Lumpkin, they are 2 of a number of people that i went with 3 years ago as freshman! We will have a senior dominated defense this year, but we have some great sophs and juniors backing them up! Lumpkin in my opinion is a D1 prospect! yelkovich could play at the 1-AA level! both are important to both sides of the ball! Hopefully we can get back to the playoffs and make a run like we did in 1999 with will martin and gang!

First of all, this thing got way off topic. Campbell, you're definitely a good leader and a class act. Do you have any idea about college yet? Also, if you'd give me your e-mail address or i'll give you mine, I'd like to talk to you a little bit about some of that stuff if you're interested.

825484896[/snapback]

Not quite sure yet where i will be next year. At this point it does not really matter where i go as long as i go because i just want to be able to kick. A few schools have expressed interest but its the same story with all of them. " We wont know until early or late January on wheter or not we will have money for a kicker yet" (several different coaches) But ive learned to deal with it and not worry about it. Things should fall into place if its meant to happen. My e-mail is Soup1007@cs.com if you want to talk more.

Not quite sure yet where i will be next year.  At this point it does not really matter where i go as long as i go because i just want to be able to kick.  A few schools have expressed interest but its the same story with all of them.  " We wont know until early or late January on wheter or not we will have money for a kicker yet" (several different coaches)  But ive learned to deal with it and not worry about it.  Things should fall into place if its meant to happen.  My e-mail is Soup1007@cs.com if you want to talk more.

825485498[/snapback]

If I was a coach in college at a D1 a/aa school i wopuld recruit you because you have been starting kicker for us for 3 years, and you have shown that you can kickoff extremely well and that you have an incredible field goal range, and can punt the ball well in practice. As a coach I would be lucky to have a kicker such as you to be on my football team, and for your great leadership on and off the field. You have shown me great ability to handle pressure situations during games like the Brentwood game last year. How do you do it? Please work with me this off-season to improve my range and my accuracy, and to help me with pressure situations, I would really appreciate your helpful tips and pointers. i really mean the things i am saying.