region 2 team results

rcpatriot

Farragut beat Hall's and Powell tonight. :D

Here are the results to the best of my recollection. I was trying to watch the JV and the varsity. Please, feel free to make corrections.

Farragut

103-W 2 forfeits

112-2 pins 2nd round

119-1 forfeit, 1 pin 1st round

125- Lost

130- 2 wins

145- Lost

152- 2 wins

160- L Farragut 2 forfeits

171- 2 pins 1st round

189- 2 wins

215- 1 win, 1 loss

HVY- L Farragut 2 forfeits

Has Karns lost a district match?

Edited by rigger101

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sevier County hosts Maryville at 6:30 p.m. today. A win would deliver the district title to the Smoky Bears.

Who won?

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Halfway through the regular season, Sevier County's wrestling team is putting all the pieces together.

The Smoky Bears (9-2) have lost just one match to a Tennessee team and are gearing up for next month's regional tournament, the stepping stone to the state tournament.

Last Thursday, SCHS wrestled Halls, Powell and Wayne County, Ky. The Bears beat Powell 63-10, Halls 74-6 and then lost to Wayne County 39-27.

"Sevier County's only other loss this season was to Karns, by four points.

Last Friday, the Bears beat South-Doyle and Knox West fairly well and then went to the Greeneville Invitational over the weekend and had three matmen place there.

J.J. Weiss at 145 pounds placed sixth, Jamie Henry (171) was fifth and Bradley Skelton (215) placed seventh.

"Everybody is doing what we expected them to do this year," Hurst said. "We expected to be a decent team if everybody does what they're supposed to do.

"This team is working hard in practice as a whole," he said. "We are still very young with four seniors, five or six juniors, two or three sophomores and four or five freshmen that start."

The Bears are also gunning for a shot at the team district tournament. The individual region tournament is where grapplers earn a berth into the state tournament by finishing in the top four in their weight class.

"I'd say we've got between six and eight who have a shot at it this year," Hurst said. "John Sullivan hasn't lost a match in the state. His three losses have been two from Alabama and one from Kentucky."

at 215 for Farragut, did Reveiz lose or just not wrestle a second match? i haven't heard of anybody who could beat Reveiz from powell or halls, no offense to anybody.

825526106[/snapback]

Tim the CO kid was filling in and doing a great job. I think he was leading by 6 or more. He made a mistake and got pinned. Nick was taking a break. Should be back by this weekend.

there was some exciting wrestling tonight at webb. webb and catholic wrestled farragaut and karns. webb beat farragaut and then lost to karns and i think catholic win 1-1 also but i'm not sure.

825527566[/snapback]

What was the Scores of last nights duals?

Webb 42 Farragut 36

Webb 18 Karns 63

KCHS 36 FHS 47

Catholic ? Karns ?

I only saw the FHS vs Webb. Nick Reviez didn't wrestle last night due to sickness.

Best match of the night was @ 119 Freshmen AJ Farnellia, Farragut vs Sherbakoff, Webb 2-3. They have met twice this season with The Webb kid pulling out a victory each time.

We gave up pins at 112 leading 11-5, 145, 160, 215, and Hvy and had a forfit at 135 and 140. Congrats to Webb!

I may owe KCHSCoach a coke.

Farragut

103- F Great win, 1st year Freshmen

112- W Turner made a freshmen mistake, got pinned leading 11-5

119- W See Above

125- F Pin by 1st year wrestler

130- F Pin by Mountain

152 F Pin By Blankenship

160 W Pin

171 F pin By Knox

189 F Forfit by Webb

215 W Pin by webb

Hvy W Pin by webb

Edited by rigger101

no you don't, we forfeited 3 weight classes due to injury and sickness, plus 2 other additional starters were out of the line up. final score was KCHS 36 FHS 47. after watching all teams last night, the county tournament should be wide open. Best of luck to FHS and Karns in there up comin duals and regions.

i was watching the 119 match from the stands and it was a great match. It is my understanding that you can pin somebody without getting a reversal but you can't get backpoints. Farinella about pinned Sherbakoff but since there had been no change in control he could not have been awarded backpoints. It looked like Farinella had reversed Sherbakoff but then right before the end Sherbakoff got back on top of him so I don't think Farinella ever had control.

P.S. I'm not related to any of the Knox family, my name is for Knoxville.