Future Greenbrier Players

GHSMom4Tyler

For those of you that are feeling like you cannot accomplish what this year's team did (and I know of a few feeling this way because you have tusted me enough to tell me)Please KNOW there are quite a few fans behind you! Ya'll know I am a proud mother of a Bobcat but I am also a HUGE fan of the TEAM past, present AND future! Let me give you a little advice that I think may help. DON'T ever look back unless it is for fond memories! The past can (not always) but can cause us to lose focus on the present and future. My grandmother told me a very long time ago to LEAVE the past alone, DREAM about tomorrow but LIVE for today! And I am praying that you guys can truly figure out what that means and go from there.

The ones (fans)that are making you feel bad probably are not realizing what their statements sound like to you! I KNOW you guys respect the seniors that are leaving and boy howdy so do I!! They have given me a lot of pleasure on friday nights watching them. But let me tell you guys, unless I am dead wrong, these guys would never throw their year up in your face, they have respect for ya'll as well! I KNOW they will cheer you on to state (an beating White House, lol)and PRAY for you to bring home the championship! You are connected to them because you are part of their team, they have needed you for practice and standing on the sidelines cheering them on and if you bring home a championship they can be pleased to know that they probably gave you some tips, advice whatever to help!

I hope this helped at least one if not all of you. Be PROUD to be a BOBCAT no matter what year it is! I love you guys and can't wait to see YOU play!

GO GREENBRIER!

The up and coming teams from Greenbrier don't, and won't, need to compare any future accomplishments from what the previous teams did. All that are there now are apart of these achievements and should take pride in them. The things that the returning players have been through will only make them stronger for the next year. But listen to the things that your coaches have been telling you lately about dedication, hard work, respect, and focus and learn from the upperclassmen. These are things that have been second-nature to them, as well as some of the previous classes, since Jr. Pro. It's not just the things that you do in practice that makes you successful. It's what goes on during the off-time that counts. Staying out of trouble, doing well in the class, and respecting the younger guys are three things that the upperclass groups will be remembered for. No one can make you feel bad about something unless you let them. Regardless of the outcome, as long as you put everything you have into it, you can go away with your head up.

It's what goes on during the off-time that counts.  Staying out of trouble, doing well in the class, and respecting the younger guys are three things that the upperclass groups will be remembered for.  No one can make you feel bad about something unless you let them.  Regardless of the outcome, as long as you put everything you have into it, you can go away with your head up.

825478344[/snapback]

This goes for any group of underclassmen at any school.

Very Good Post NoDoubt

Edited by mctigersportsfan

The up and coming teams from Greenbrier don't, and won't, need to compare any future accomplishments from what the previous teams did.  All that are there now are apart of these achievements and should take pride in them.  The things that the returning players have been through will only make them stronger for the next year.  But listen to the things that your coaches have been telling you lately about dedication, hard work, respect, and focus and learn from the upperclassmen.  These are things that have been second-nature to them, as well as some of the previous classes, since Jr. Pro.  It's not just the things that you do in practice that makes you successful.  It's what goes on during the off-time that counts.  Staying out of trouble, doing well in the class, and respecting the younger guys are three things that the upperclass groups will be remembered for.  No one can make you feel bad about something unless you let them.  Regardless of the outcome, as long as you put everything you have into it, you can go away with your head up.

825478344[/snapback]

good post i was think all day what to say on this thread. the seniors learned from there underclassmen and i hope they past it done.

Normally I would never do anything like this but I feel this is necessary. The ONLY reason I am writing this is because I got an email stating that I offended people with my post. I am going to address this and then I will not speak or write to anyone about it again. We need to stay united as a community and not take things personal just like I told the guys. Please don't let a few words that was meant to make a child feel better upset you.

This was an attempt to get people to know that things can be hurtful even if you do not mean them that way. I wanted people to know how some of the future Bobcats were feeling. I in NO way meant to make others feel bad! And if you will read what I wrote I did NOT say whether these things were being said by adults or other peers. I just said the ones (fans), that did not mean in anyway adults. I would never tell a child to speak badly to an adult or anyone else for that matter.

It was said that I am just jealous because Tyler is not a great player or didn't contribute to this team like he should have. It was also said that Tyler needed to get over himself and move on and concentrate on ball. Well, whether you want to believe me or not, Tyler was not one of the ones that said anything to me. It was actually a freshman that mainly talked to me. Tyler is very strong in the confidence area. I am proud to say he listens to people but decides whether they are being a positive influence or not. Now I am not saying these other guys that spoke with me are not, I am just saying that they are not to that point yet.

As far as Tyler getting in trouble a couple of weeks ago. Listen to me good over this one, he was punished accordingly, end of story. I REFUSE to let anyone hold this over his head. EVERYONE has faults, makes mistakes, does wrong and is diffently NOT perfect! The only perfection that I know is God. And I am quite sure that God has forgiven Tyler so he doesn't need anyone else to try and make him pay or ask for forgiveness. He KNOWS as QB he needs to be a leader and he plans to do that. IF he stumbles along the way he NEEDS people to remind him that they love him and as his mother I am going to do that whether anyone likes it or not. I am not going to tell him he needs not be QB, like what was said to me in the email!

With all this said (and I think I addressed everything) I am willing to forget and forgive your email if you will take this public apology if I hurt your feelings. And if there is anyone else that I made feel uncomfortable or felt like I was putting them down I say again it was not meant for that.

United we stand, divided we fall and I BELIEVE that we all will stay united. GO BOBCATS in ball and in LIFE!

OK...

Not really sure what's going on here but it sounds like a can of worms have been opened in some way, shape, or form. I don't know anything about any e-mails or anybody saying anything to anyone. Before this e mail, I wasn't aware of Ty or anyone else getting in any trouble. My previous post was just generic and was intended to let the younger guys know to not worry about what others said and to listen to, and do, the things that their coaches were telling them. Anyone that says anything negative only matters if attention is paid to it. The three things that I listed about staying out of trouble, doing well in the class, and respecting the younger guys are things that I said the previous classes did well with. These three things are not directed to any one person but they are just good, common sense things that any player needs to follow.

I hope my previous post was not part of anything that was being referred to.

Edited by NoDoubt

OK...

Not really sure what's going on here but it sounds like a can of worms have been opened in some way, shape, or form.  I don't know anything about any e-mails or anybody saying anything to anyone.  Before this e mail, I wasn't aware of Ty or anyone else getting in any trouble.  My previous post was just generic and was intended to let the younger guys know to not worry about what others said and to listen to, and do, the things that their coaches were telling them.  Anyone that says anything negative only matters if attention is paid to it.  The three things that I listed about staying out of trouble, doing well in the class, and respecting the younger guys are things that I said the previous classes did well with.  These three things are not directed to any one person but they are just good, common sense things that any player needs to follow.

825485884[/snapback]

NO NO NO NoDoubt! You misread! I was responding to an email that I KNOW who sent it to me! They took everything I said WRONG plus wanted to take jabs at Tyler because they KNEW he got into trouble! And that is the ONLY reason I responded. I was afraid they were going to put something on here if I didn't apologize!! Understand this was NOT directed at you!