Team Results: Individual v Dual Tournaments

michael.geasley

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RMC: Is your fine team in the same division or class with Ringgold, Georgia? This morning's paper reported on Ringgold's performance in the Marietta Duals. Boy, they are whooping some folks down there.

A match between you two would be something to see.

...Ringgold did beat Franklin by a wide margin.

825503238[/snapback]

That, along with the BC upset, was a wake up call that week. It awoke a sleeping giant!! You saw the results the very next weekend with the GA's 5-A, and number one ranked, Walton barely pulling out the McCallie victory over Franklin.

soms

Sommers...I like that....barely pulling out a win. Walton won end of story. I could add more, but the people of Franklin aren't arguing....you are.

You're are starting to give them a bad name.

I thought your son wrestled for Smyrna? Worry about him.

That, along with the BC upset, was a wake up call that week.  It awoke a sleeping giant!!  You saw the results the very next weekend with the GA's 5-A, and number one ranked, Walton barely pulling out the McCallie victory over Franklin.

soms

825503251[/snapback]

Soms,

Those were two very differently run tournaments. Duals vs. traditional. There was no giant to awake, there are going to be a better team in the McCallie format, in my opinion.

sly...I haven't seen enough to rank the top five, but what I've seen it would be:

Bradley

Cleveland

Franklin

And from tournaments I've followed on the internet......4 would be Soddy Daisy and 5 - Collierville.

Remember..just for fun.

I'll add....the top 5 most dominant wrestlers I've seen from Tennessee....in no particular order:

Whitt Dunning

Justin Knox

Cory Manson

Justin Spain

Daniel Waddell.

Edited by RMC

ijtx........I've only seen Baylor, McCallie Christian Brothers and Father Ryan and of those 3 I'd have to say it's Baylor and everyone else.

Baylor was solid from top to bottom and has quite a bit of depth. I don't know how many guys were missing from Christian Brothers line up when we faced them but I know Marabel wasn't there. So, I don't have a good feel on them.

I know Radier76 will be happy to know that we will visit the boys from Baylor next year too. I hope between him and walkenvol I can get a coke and some popcorn!

I know this bugs the heck out of many, especially RMC, TEX23 and the BC guys, but after seeing this Franklin team today and watching how they're all coming together, I'm convinced they are a 50 point leader in the traditional team tournament and would beat Baylor or BC (doesn't matter) by 10-15 points, if they wrestled a dual today.  CH would be close, but not in the traditional, is the way I see it. 

Actually in the McCallie tournament, Walton (who beat CH already) barely won only on a miscalculated point total of a Mike Ortiz match which, after contested, also led to a team point reduction.  The point head-tohead pt. swing + the penalty would have been enough to put Franklin in the final 1st place lead for points.

The guys want BC again, bad!!  It's now clear to me that BC and Baylor are even.

soms

825502740[/snapback]

Soms-

What do you see happening differently against BC that turns a 6 point loss by Franklin into a 10- 15 point win. 16 - 21 points is a big swing.

Also, how about a weight by weight run down showing a 10-15 point victory by Franklin over Baylor. Of course we'll never see the match so it is only speculation.

Edited by ridgerunning