MJ Fresh

Mailman05

Maybe the other teams should get better. That is all that the Mt. Juliet Freshmen are doing. They can't help the fact that they work hard, or the fact that they can play ball, and they especially can't help that your team isn't that good. These games are like practice to these young girls and I would say that beating someone by 94 points isn't exactly great fun. Anyhow it's not the girls fault and it's definitely not "CLASSLESS!"

Edited by zoza25

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the other teams should get better.  That is all that the Mt. Juliet Freshmen are doing.  They can't help the fact that they work hard, or the fact that they can play ball, and they especially can't help that your team isn't that good.  These games are like practice to these young girls and I would say that beating someone by 94 points isn't exactly great fun.  Anyhow it's not the girls fault and it's definitely not "CLASSLESS!"

825486827[/snapback]

It's not the girls fault, but it is definitely classless. Adults have control. I have been around the game a long time and have seen many strategies to work your team while not humiliating the opponent. Just because you are better and you might work harder does not grant you the right to humiliate someone of lesser talent. Since when does being blessed with talent, because we all know that it is not just hard work, give someone the right to trash an opponent....especially one that is 14 or 15 years old. I think that the One that blessed these girls with the talent to play basketball expects more from those He has blessed....it is up to adults to teach that valuable lesson. There are people on this earth that are smarter, stronger, and more talented than others....the purpose of those blessings is not to take advantage of those who have less! Yet another example of how adults allow the game to be messed up.

Edited by HickoryHusker

The MJ freshmen should adhere to the quote on youvegotafriend5's posts:

Be more worried with your character than your reputation, your character is what you really are, your reputation is merely what others think of you.

People can talk all they want. These girls have worked hard on their fundamentals and game since they were in 2nd and 3rd grade. We take it seriously in Mt. Juliet - with our own hometown girls. They are committed to their coaches, teammates, and most importantly themselves. They are girls of character who get respect from their teachers for their grades and attitudes and are role models for future Lady Bears.

Maybe they shouldn't be playing a freshman schedule. Maybe they should be playing a jv schedule. Regardless, they are all girls of character and do not deserve to be slighted or talked negatively about because they are talented. Tonight, they played Springfield and DID NOT press hardly at all, played a half court offense, and still won by a huge margin. Most programs are not as blessed to have the number of quality coaches and players MJ has and can move their 2 or 3 frosh to varsity. Our varsity does not have room!

Recognize and appreciate their talents; don't run them in the ground. :angry: Our Lady Bears will be around awhile. Just sit back and enjoy the game!

I wish this post would stop. It's going back and forth and back and forth. If you have a problem with a team or their coach tell them. Why must we get on here and bicker. We get on here cause we love the game and like to see what's going on, not start arguments. I'm not taking a side just wish peace can be restored!

Read my quote and take it to heart!

Well their you go hooptdoo blinded by your love for MJ basketball and not looking at it the way basketball is supposed to be played....these girls may be great off the court they could be great people i do not know them personally nor shall i attack them for anything that happens anywhere but on the court....Unfortunatly these girls do not display the attriubutes that make great teams....Unfortunalty for MJ i am not the only one who sees that Mj does not hold themseleves very well on the court and just tries to embarrass teams....How would the great coaches in the history of basketball feel about the way they are playing...I know that the great John Wooden would not be pleased at all about the way this team is degrading their oppenents.

No press, mostly zone defense, six players, (one of the top SCORERS is hurt), no bad attitudes, (not just last night), and the Mt. Juliet Freshman still beat Springfield by 60. And all because the game was played like sitting in the formal living room for tea. Exactly what "postal delivery man" yearns for in the posts pontificating good sportsmanship, respect for the game, yada yada yada. The sportsmanship was there and the game was respected but the results were the same. What would John Wooden say about that? Oh, I know..."They are a really good team and well coached." Oh, there is a scoreboard and they keep book, it ain't the Y. thumb

Edited by flngrvy

I have heard a lot about this group of girls. I understand that they play real well together. But just remember that as the teams score keeps riseing there is a team out there that is working hard to beat you some day so when that day comes just remember what you did to the other teams.

Good Luck MJ freshman. Teams like this does not come along often

I just saw in the paper MJ beat Leb Fresh 103-7, that is really sad if you ask me....Why would MJ see the need to run up the score like that...that shows no class whatsoever and now Leb entire Fresh girls team has quit....Im ver disapointed in MJ i would have thought they would have had more class but obviously not.

825483303[/snapback]

AFTER READING ALL THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS ABOUT THE MT. JULIET GIRLS FRESHMAN TEAM I WENT TO WATCH THEM PLAY SPRINGFIELD THURSDAY NIGHT.

WHAT I SAW WAS A VERY GOOD BASKETBALL TEAM THAT IS VERY WELL COACHED AND PLAYS VERY HARD AND TOGETHER AS A TEAM. THEY DID PRESS THE FIRST QUARTER BUT PLAYED ZONE THE REST OF THE WAY. AT NO POINT DID I FEEL MT. JULIET WAS TRYING TO SHOW UP THE OTHER TEAM. I WAS DISSAPOINTED THAT THE COACH FOR SPRINGFIELD NEVER MADE ANY ADJUSTMENTS FOR HER TEAM. HER TEAM DID NOT GUARD OR PLAY HELP DEFENSE AT ALL. I THINK THE PROBLEM IS THE OTHER TEAMS AND COACHES THAT IS PLAYING MT. JULIET HAS NOT BEEN COACHED VERY WELL. THE FACT THAT LEBANON DISMANTLED THERE TEAM TELLS ME THEY DID NOT HAVE KIDS OR A COACH THAT WAS COMMITED TO PLAYING BASKETBALL.

THE MT. JULIET FRESHMAN GIRLS SHOULD NOT HAVE TO RUN A SLOW DOWN OFFENSE WHEN THEY HAVE A BIG LEAD. THEY SHOULD RUN THE OFFENSE THAT THE COACH HAS TAUGHT THEM AND THE OTHER TEAM SHOULD MAKE ADJUSTMENTS TO STOP THEM. MAILMAN AND OTHERS WHO HAVE SAID MT. JULIET FRESHMAN GIRLS AND THE COACH HAVE NO CLASS BECAUSE THEY RUN THE SCORE UP ARE THE ONES WITH NO CLASS. IT SOUNDS TO ME LIKE THEY NEED TO BE COACHING AT LEBANON.