Does Rossview have it?

mhhjln

Rossview wrestled well at Slamfest this past weekend. Who thinks they can bump Kenwood from the 2nd spot in region 7? I think Clarksville still has a hold of the top spot in the region especially since Coach Jordan will have his wrestlers peeking come late January and early February. Kenwood has spent many years missing the State Duals to Clarksville and now that 2 teams from each region can end up in State Duals is possible that Rossview will beat them out and leave Kenwood out again? Not trying to offend KKW he has a good team. I would especially like to know his thoughts about how well Rossview has progressed. He brought Kenwood along just as fast hisself. Their first year was 1998 and if my memory hasn't failed me they were second in the region in 2000. I was just wondering what others in the area think. I am actually glad to see more teams at the level these teams are from Clarksville.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, they had beat Hartselle Alabama earlier in the day. They were supposed to wrestle again for 3rd but since Hartselle had wrestled their limit of 5 matches in a day they just shared 3rd but like I said Rossview had beat them earlier so they were rewarded with 3rd. Overton finished 5th and Kenwood did not enter the tournament. Soddy won the tournment, Clarksville was 2nd. Rossview wrestled against Soddy in the semi-finals and although I did not see the match everybody, including the paper, said Rossview gave them a run for their money. I believe it actually came down to the last match.

Hope this works.;)

If not try tennwrestling.com and look for high school results "Slamfest"

http://p220.ezboard.com/ftennesseewrestlin...opicID=20.topic B)

When I saw Rossview at Slamfest I was surprised at how some of there guys wrestled.

Some were a big difference from last year. I think they can give KKW a run. I want to see how they do at Dickson this weekend. Let them get some more tough competition and then we will see how they will do. They did real well against the Soddy and Hartselle teams. Also roughed up Tullahoma pretty good. I guess we will just have to see who's gonna show up and take it to the mat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No doubt Rossview is one tough team. They seem to be strong or atleast compeitive in all weight classes. I think they have a real shot at Kenwood, but as you know it is not whether you can beat Kenwood, but rather can u beat the purple wildcats of Clarksville when it counts at region duals?

im not sure if he's the 189 or not, but i watched the match and it was great. the rossview guy was fairly lean and skinny and i felt bad for him when i saw him take the mat against shadrick. he was actually up 12-9 beginning the third, but soddy finally got a hold on him and just pinned him with sheer weight. great effort tho because shadrick's one of the best in the state.

Rossview has a much improved team. I think they have a great chance of knocking off Kenwood. It will be a tough task to knock off Clarksville. Especially since Clarksville is wrestling a much tougher schedule and should be better prepared late in the season. Rossviews schedule might not have them as prepared as they should be. I noticed they are not going to the brentwood tounament. That is a mistake. And as far as I know there will not be 2 teams going to the State Duals from the Region. Were is that information coming from? Has something been changed? If someone knows factually the answer let me know.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I believe there is a sub state this year. 1st and 2nd from each region go to substate and then the winners from those regions will go to the state duals. There will still be 8 teams at the duals. However, assuming a 2nd place team from one region could knock off the regional champion from another region then they could make it in to the duals. Clarksville's schedule shows substate on January 29th.

http://www.clarksvillewrestling.com/Competion%20schedule.htm

I'm not sure which regions will be paired together. If region 7 meets region 6 or region 8 then I could see Rossview and Kenwood beating either of those regional champions. If they get paired with Region 5 that would be a different story. Of course I'm still ASSUMING Clarksville will be the region 7 champion but I fairly assure this is a safe assumption. All three of the teams are very good and it will be interesting down the stretch. Anybody know how they are pairing up the regions at substate? This format could be tough for travel in the Memphis region.

Correct me if I'm wrong.  I believe there is a sub state this year.  1st and 2nd from each region go to substate and then the winners from those regions will go to the state duals.  There will still be 8 teams at the duals. However, assuming a 2nd place team from one region could knock off the regional champion from another region then they could make it in to the duals.  Clarksville's schedule shows substate on January 29th. 

http://www.clarksvillewrestling.com/Competion%20schedule.htm

I'm not sure which regions will be paired together.  If region 7 meets region 6 or region 8 then I could see Rossview and Kenwood beating either of those regional champions.  If they get paired with Region 5 that would be a different story.  Of course I'm still ASSUMING Clarksville will be the region 7 champion but I fairly assure this is a safe assumption.  All three of the teams are very good and it will be interesting down the stretch.  Anybody know how they are pairing up the regions at substate?  This format could be tough for travel in the Memphis region.

825485689[/snapback]

[/quote

There is no Sub state this year. You would have to ask TSSAA why they did not vote on it. At the coaches meeting last year it was my understanding that everyone wanted the sub state, the small school was also proposed. The small school was passed and the sub state was never brought up at TSSAA's meeting. At the time CHS schedules the next years matches in the spring, we thought the propsal would pass through TSSAA, so we planned for it.

I'm sure it will be pushed through next year other wise when TSSAA adds the other two regions and combines Soddy's and Bradley's somebody will be left out of the big dance. That would be a huge mistake

Edited by CHSCOACH

• 3 weeks later...