splitback veer offense

TAP3

Any offensive coaches running the splitback veer offense? I mean run it 70 to 85% of the time during a game? Is it your bread and butter play? Does anyone have a recent Air Force, Navy, Georgia Southern, Carson Newman playbook?

825484106[/snapback]

We ran it in high school at Marion County. You might want to contact Ken Colquette at Grundy County High School. He should be able to let you know how to get a playbook if he doesn't still have an old one from Marion. I think the majority of our plays were from the Carson Newman playbook. Good luck thumb

One name that comes to mind is Rick Rice @ Perry County. He used to run it alot at waynesboro. He does a decent job with it. The best I have seen in the last couple of years would be the current waynesboro staff they really did a good job against DCA with the veer package. I think Cumberland is running the split back veer. You could also try ebay under offensive playbooks or football play books.

Any offensive coaches running the splitback veer offense? I mean run it 70 to 85% of the time during a game? Is it your bread and butter play? Does anyone have a recent Air Force, Navy, Georgia Southern, Carson Newman playbook?

825484106[/snapback]

Here is the answer to all your needs. Carson Newman has a clinic at the Music Road Convention Center in Pigeon Forge about Feb. 25 - 26, 2005. Contact CN or Coach Sparks via e-mail at the CN.edu. website for a brochure and details.

BTW the clinic is a husband /wife oriented clinic with lots of good stuff for the coaches boss as well as X's and O's for the coach. thumb

825484106[/snapback]

Our staff has been to Georgia Southern, Delta State(2000), and Navy, those teams mainly run double slot as well as Air Force. I really don't think someone who doesn't understand the option will get a whole lot from a playbook. My suggestion is to find out when one of these schools are planning spring ball and go there and learn their phylosophy and see if that is what you want to do. There is a whole lot more to this offense than just pulling, running, or pitching. It will probably take you two years to get the option in and find out what works for you. In my opinion it really doesn't matter if you are split back, double slot, or in the I, so I suggest you don't get to woried about that, because you can always motion to where you want your kids to be. Good Luck, the option is a very fun offense to run once you get it right.