HARPETH VS. DCA

blueeyes23

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harpeth came out flat for the third straight game and payed for it this time. DCA out hustled , out shot, and out lasted Harpeth. Great game to watch and it's a shame they only play once this year.

A lot of teams will struggle with DCA this year. I can't imagine them not winning the state in A ball. They are by far the best team we have played.

or maybe they can't handle DCA's defensive pressure

825489171[/snapback]

I don't know how many games you've watched Roberto, but Cheatham County stacks up nicely with DCA as far as putting pressure on the ball. Harpeth did not execute in the same fashion and didn't have the same intensity from start to finish that that brought to the Cheatham Co. game. Nothing against DCA. They have a fine team........we see 'em all the time in 2A ball.

Edited by ksgovols

Man, talk about Harpeth getting it handed to them from DCA. Cheatham County whooped DCA...

825489324[/snapback]

Harpeth had no intensity, and was unprepared for this fast DCA defense. Turnovers (20 to be exact) by the Indians and rebounds only aided the DCA offense. Obviously the Lady Indians overlooked this fine DCA team and were not focused on their game. Hopefully, tonight they can pin point their mistakes from last night, learn from them, and correct them. As for Cheatham "whooping" them, I'm almost sure that if Harpeth would have had the same intensity last night as they did vs. Cheatham, Harpeth would be 11-0 today...no question. But congrats to DCA, and good luck to the Lady Indians tonight vs. Goodpasture @ HHS 6:00. PeAcE!

Hey. Hat's off to DCA. They won big on the road. Some telegraphed and lazy passes led to easy baskets for DCA. They are quick and they D'd up. If Harpeth could have kept them in a half court game, it would have been a different story, but it didn't work out that way.

On a positive note, the girls learned a valuable lesson without dropping a game in the district. This won't be the only loss Harpeth suffers this season and while the excitement surrounding the program is fun, it's tough to be on top of your game every night. They're still alot of fun to watch with their up tempo style. Keep your heads up Lady Indians!