Holiday Christmas Classic @ Marion County

luvbball

i agree... very weak teams in this tournament.

van buren is 4-5, and huntland is 3-3.... and both of these teams are class A. lousy!!! marion isnt that solid, and sale creek is ok (4-3 and also in class A)

i wouldn't know where to begin. i would pick sale creek in this one, but i don't know. marion could pull it out.

Van Buren was the strongest in the Christmas tourney with #23 being their leading scorer in all three games, Huntland just didn't come to play, they were sloppy on the court, lazy also, John Patton was a big disapointment, he could have done so much better, he just wasn't up to par

I still love the Hornets>>>>>>>>>>>GO BIG BLUE i will still be a big fan

Edited by cperkhornet13

Van Buren was the strongest in the Christmas tourney with #23 being their leading scorer in all three games, Huntland just didn't come to play, they were sloppy on the court, lazy also, John Patton was a big disapointment, he could have done so much better, he just wasn't up to par

I still love the Hornets>>>>>>>>>>>GO BIG BLUE i will still be a big fan

825495032[/snapback]

Van Buren went 3-0, Marion 2-1, Huntland 1-2 and Sale Creek 0-3. Sorry these teams don't excite you but there were some good games. To the kids that play the game though, it's exciting to them, that's what it's all about anyway.

Rigsby from Van Buren is a very good ball player, he average 25 ppg and i bet around 5 apg. Along with their post #10 (who's name escapes me right now) they are a good ball team.

Marion played a little better ball at times. Their inside game needs work and some help. Highlight of their tourny would probably be Blake Gibson scoring a career high 38 in the game versus Van Buren. They just need to learn to win.

Huntland surprised me by not playing better, you look at their team you would think they were the best team there. They have shooters, speed, height and athleticism but they just didn't show up. They have a good ball team and should stay focus and should have a good year.

Sale Creek played with Huntland pretty much the whole game. That was about the highlight of their tourny. Where would this team be without Zac Parker? the gutter would be my guess. Good ball player, but seems to have a bit of an attitude problem.

All and all a good tourny, the guys and girls played hard and got to see some good basketball, regardless of what the city schools think. I agree with luvbball, go play some teams from memphis and see if they think you should hold a basketball or not.