Tenessean's All Midstate

flngrvy

Just read the Tennessean's all Midstate team for this year. I'm sure each young man deserves to be on the selected team. I am a bit puzzled about the "athlete" selection. My vote would have gone to Wesley Osborne at Mt. Juliet. Forced into action by injuries to 11 starters, he is a converted q-back, to h-back, to tailback. In seven games at tailback he rushed for 1,100 yards, had 465 receiving yards and two interceptions for touchdowns from his safety spot. He was selected all region and all-state. Just trying to get him some pub. Oh, and if you know anyone at Cumberland University, he is being recruited by three teams in your conference and you have yet to contact him?! He really wants to go there any play. Sometimes you gotta wonder. :lol:

Edited by flngrvy

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

Congrats to all who won. I would have liked to have seen separate teams from each clasification though, as many deserving folk sometimes get bumped out by being in 1A.

That being said, I was disappointed in not seeing a few on the list that I felt should have been .

Guest Oakland
Congrats to all who won. I would have liked to have seen separate teams from each clasification though, as many deserving folk sometimes get bumped out by being in 1A.

That being said, I was disappointed in not seeing a few on the list that I felt should have been .

825490100[/snapback]

well when the team you follow goes 2-8 your not gonna have many selections on a all-midstate team. sorry to sound so harsh, but the facts are right there in the record. now, had oakland gone 8-2,7-3 and made it to the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs things may have gone differently, but they didnt

Guest Oakland
It doesn't mean that teams with not so stellar records don't have kids with the stats to be recognized.

825490166[/snapback]

however true it maybe, any reputable news publication more than likely isnt gonna select a guy on a team that didnt make the playoffs. if you look at the all- midstate teams on offense and defense, most of those players come from teams where they at least won 7 games or at least made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs

Guest region4fan
Oakland[/url]' date='Dec 19 2004 - 12:04 PM']however true it maybe, any reputable news publication more than likely isnt gonna select a guy on a team that didnt make the playoffs. if you look at the all- midstate teams on offense and defense, most of those players come from teams where they at least won 7 games or at least made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs

825490172[/snapback]

Well we won 4 games last year and Smitty made 1st TEAM All State and 1st All MID State . I also remember others as well from yrs past. I think it hurts us that individual player stats weren't sent to the Tennessean each week for folk to see. That is something that needs to be done. Maybe you could take on that task, oakland? I know you would do a terrific job keeping up with it all, and be conscientious turning it in.

Guest Oakland
Well we won 4 games last year and Smitty made 1st TEAM All State and 1st All MID State . I also remember others as well from yrs past. I think it hurts us that individual player stats weren't sent to the Tennessean each week for folk to see. That is something that needs to be done. Maybe you could take on that task, oakland? I know you would do a terrific job keeping up with it all, and be conscientious turning it in.

825490178[/snapback]

i will agree that there are some exceptions to the rule but not many. not saying that a player from a sub .500 wont make it but chances are against him in doing so. ill see what i can do, but i dont know if i would be able to keep stats for oakland football with college and everything else going on, i will look into it though

Guest region4fan
Oakland[/url]' date='Dec 19 2004 - 12:14 PM']i will agree that there are some exceptions to the rule but not many. not saying that a player from a sub .500 wont make it but chances are against him in doing so. ill see what i can do, but i dont know if i would be able to keep stats for oakland football with college and everything else going on, i will look into it though

825490182[/snapback]

Don't do them like Red and add to the totals! :lol:

I would imagine you could get the totals from the Inside Sports or the guys in the Booth and then just make sure that they are added to the prior week. Then send them in?

If you have to get to the second or third round to get picked for all-state or all-mid state then why did cookeville who went 11-2 and played riverdale very tough not get any publicity. they had arunning back rush for 1200 or more yards. Or is it the same ole same ole that cookeville just does not get any respect. They could have rocked the dale and still no one would have given them any respect. (that was just an example no dis to riverdale). So it is not true that your team has to make it to the 2nd or 3rd round to get picked.