BGA Classic (Mt.Pleasant vs. BGA, Siegel)

wuzMP63

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both games will probably be tough for MP. It will be a good measuring stick for coaches and fans to see where they are going this year, if they are a pretender or a contender in class A.

My objective prediction:

BGA by 8 over MP

Siegel by 15 + over MP

Best case scenerio for MP fans:

MP beats BGA

MP stays within 10 of Siegel

My justification: Last year MP was ranked in the top 5 in class A, but they played a weak schedule and could not handle Wayne Co. MP has the same team this year.

They are atheletic, can play good defense, and all 5 starters can drive to the basket (double figure scorers), but only Don can hit the three ball consistently, and even he struggles at times.

I hope MP proves me wrong. If they do win either game, then I believe they are a contender in class A. Especially, if they play Siegel tough, or even win. That would be a huge upset.

Edited by wuzMP63

If MP can't beat BGA then theres no way they will get within 20 of Siegel

825493174[/snapback]

regardless of the bga-mp game...siegel will have fun with mp...i dont think mp will beat you by any means but it should be a fun game mp is a very athletic team and it should be fun to watch them...there not going to want to lose there undefeated season i imagine theyll fight extremely hard in both games

If MP can't beat BGA then theres no way they will get within 20 of Siegel

825493174[/snapback]

Not necessarily, hs sports is crazy like that. You can not always tell what will happen by previous scores. I understand your reasoning though. I agree with culleokarep. MP has some explosive leapers and could put on a show in an up tempo game. I know Siegel does too. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW GOOD MP IS YET, but WE WILL FIND OUT NEXT WEEK. Their only real close game was Summertown, and they were ahead by 12 with 2 minutes and fell asleep. So Summertown hit some quick buckets and cut it to 1, and MP missed like 20+ free throws that game (much better % against Wayne Co.). Subjectively, I would like to think MP could win both games. I think that it is very possible for them to beat BGA, but it will be tough to beat siegel b/c they are bigger and probably at least just as atheltic. It will be interesting to see how MP stacks up with the big boys, if they get blown out, soundly beaten, play them tough, or even win. We'll see.

Siegel made BGA look like a joke holding them to 34 points and showing to be the much more athletic team. Our guards can hang with almost anyone in the state and we have one of the most athletic big men in Keith Ramsey (6'7)

you can't tell in some situations by the score but against a team like BGA and going up against Siegel you can get a pretty good idea if the MP loses to BGA or even plays really close

I'll just put this number on here for BGA fans...

Darius Roper #23: 18 points

BGA as a team: 16 points

that was your halftime score the last time Darius and BGA played....team score was 34-17 at the half.

Edited by Harris' hooligans