152lb Region 2, top dogs?

rigger101

Kingston's Nick Cowan has done pretty well this year. Took 5th at Catholic and missed placing at Bradley by 1 match. Lost to Spain from Bradley in the quarterfinals 2-1. Just a junior, but should be in the mix at regions.

IF, those rumors are true, I would be surprised! I know that Smith got hurt at the Catholic Tourn. and also heard that Harless was injured too. Could be wrong, but doubt that both have quit.

tiger_desktop_thumb.jpg

Kingston's Nick Cowan has done pretty well this year. Took 5th at Catholic and missed placing at Bradley by 1 match. Lost to Spain from Bradley in the quarterfinals 2-1. Just a junior, but should be in the mix at regions.

IF, those rumors are true, I would be surprised! I know that Smith got hurt at the Catholic Tourn. and also heard that Harless was injured too. Could be wrong, but doubt that both have quit.

825493733[/snapback]

I think they both had great junior seasons but since both young men have dad's coaching them, emotions sometimes get carried away.

I got to watch Smith at the KIL Jamboree and I thought he really looked good. I liked Harless athletic ability but I don't think he really wants to be out there on the mat. He's a good athlete and has other interest.

I have not had the opportunity to see any 152's this year and just wanted to know who to watch for.

Edited by rigger101

825493733[/snapback]

Wow! So Kingston and Bearden have the only good 152lbs in our region!

Good luck and Merry Christmas!

candy%20cane%20santas.jpg

Edited by rigger101

Bearden's got another decent 152. Only problem is he has to wrestle 160. A sophomore who's giving up 6-7 lbs every match and has won more than half of his matches. Good news is he gets to wrestle O'Hern every day in practice. Look for him next year.

BTW, O'Hern is loooking good this year. Just lost once, 1-0, in a match that could have gone either way.