WEST TENN FOOTBALL WEBSITE

NWTennSports

Back during the 2004 football season, there was a thread about high school websites in Tennessee. On that thread, someone talked about starting up one for West Tennessee schools. ..... Recently, in this forum, I have noticed a new site for Maryville and one for Hixson. ..... Are there any plans on starting a West Tennessee site?? Anyone have any infor on that?? I think it would be a great site, and I can provide some info on Obion County's three teams.

Back during the 2004 football season, there was a thread about high school websites in Tennessee. On that thread, someone talked about starting up one for West Tennessee schools. ..... Recently, in this forum, I have noticed a new site for Maryville and one for Hixson. ..... Are there any plans on starting a West Tennessee site?? Anyone have any infor on that?? I think it would be a great site, and I can provide some info on Obion County's three teams.

825498427[/snapback]

I think wtso.com was supposed to be that and it just never took off. I think it's a great idea. Hey coachT, regionalize! :o

Edited by Meals399

I think wtso.com was supposed to be that and it just never took off.  I think it's a great idea.  Hey coachT, regionalize! :P

825499390[/snapback]

We had something set up before that would allow a fan to enter his zip code and only get articles, schedules, etc for teams in his grand division of the state. The problem I have with that is that it defeats a main reason for developing this site in the first place which was to bring all of the fans together in one place. By regionalizing it fragments all of the information and actually makes it harder to find info than before. If a fan wants to discuss west Tennessee football then the means to do so is all ready here.

Oh, I'm not looking for anything to take the place of coachT. Nothing could. .... What I was thinking about was something similar to team sites, where schedule/results for the current season are posted (similar to the coachT schedule pages) as well as historical info, like past results, record books, old photos .... that kind of thing. .... More of a reference site rather than a site like coachT, which covers all the bases. In fact, a background site like I'm talking about might even spur more debate on coachT. .... That's all I'm talking about.

If historical info on a team-by-team basis can be put on coachT's site, I'd prefer that instead b/c everything would be centralized into one location. .... If that's a possibility, let me know. I have info on all three Obion County teams: Football, basketball, baseball, softball, and even some tennis and track.

Like we were discussing earlier in Nov as to 'why' every team in the state didn't have its own website as ALL the schools in Tn are provided internet access for free.

Like why didn't Kingsport DB didn't have one for folks to look at. These sites could show folks the different stadiums that they would be playing at, and directions as to how to get there. From that discussion we are now seeing more sites going up by the hard work of folks like Dmoyers and his current project.

Like we were discussing earlier in Nov as to 'why' every team in the state didn't have its own website as ALL the schools in Tn are provided internet access for free.

Like why didn't Kingsport DB didn't have one for folks to look at.  These sites could show folks the different stadiums that they would be playing at, and directions as to how to get there.  From that discussion we are now seeing more sites going up by the hard work of folks like Dmoyers and his current project.

825501916[/snapback]

Excellent post. .... That's the kind of thing I'm talking about. ..... But, again, if info like that can be done on coachT, I'm all for it. Sign me up as a volunteer.

And, congrats to me, for this is my historic 300th post. <_<

We had something set up before that would allow a fan to enter his zip code and only get articles, schedules, etc for teams in his grand division of the state. The problem I have with that is that it defeats a main reason for developing this site in the first place which was to bring all of the fans together in one place. By regionalizing it fragments all of the information and actually makes it harder to find info than before. If a fan wants to discuss west Tennessee football then the means to do so is all ready here.

825501735[/snapback]

I agree. Being a web master myself, my site is regional and serves its purpose. CoachT's site is about something more global to the state of Tennessee. The way it is now, I make good friends with guys that are Montgomery Bell fans, Dobyns Benett fans, Riverdale fans, etc. If we were all off inour own lil rooms, that would defeat the mission of Coach T...that about right coach? ;) thumb

Thanks Dad. It's a work in progress, but I'm gettin there. I just did some interviews recently and am meeting with Alcoa people for their page. It's a lot of fun. Coach T is the godfather of all this though...much props to the dom dada!!

Edited by dmoyers1