Who is the Best ALL around Player in East Tennesse

BBandBBallFan

Wonder who you think the best all around players in East Tennessee are?

Forget about just points scored. How about defense,assists,steals,rebounds etc.

After all basketball is supposed to be a "team sport". When was the last time you read an article in the newspaper emphasizing how excellent a defensive player someone is? Or what an unselfish team player so and so is?

Who is your candidate for this category? And please don't list just high scorers , because truth be known most of them are ball hogs and not "true team players" anyway.

:o

Knoxville

Logan Johnson of South-Doyle.  He gets the points needed, but more importantly the steals, rebounds, and great passes.

825499439[/snapback]

Good choice....Johnson is a very unselfish player. It is rare to find one these days. Instead we hear of a guy shooting 29 (3's) in a game and making only 9. Go figure? I would much rather a player like Johnson on my side than a guy shooting for his own accolades. Unfortunately most people are only looking at points scored and fail to see the rest. I am sure this will not be a "hot topic" because there are few that even think about defense, assists and team play. Johnson is my kind of player...he will do what it takes for his team to win, even if it means not scoring himself! As an aside to this topic , who is your vote for the BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER in East Tennessee? And don't be afraid to shout it out over the offensive mind set. After all defense wins games, and offense is often for show.................. :lol:

my votes for best defensive players are Johnson (South Doyle), Shumate (Greenville), Deadrick (Morristown East)- this guy is like a "cat" on the court, fast and able to stop the best offensive players

Edited by BBandBBallFan

Trey Brewer from Maryville.  This kid can drive, dish, and as of late....shoot the ball.  Dismal shooting at the beginning of the season hurts percentage but the past two games has something like 9 threes.  This guy can play.

825503347[/snapback]

He can play, but is a little reckless at times too. Hope he doesn't get hurt again.