3AAA TOUGH DISTRICT RACE

RimRecker

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rimrecker:

Better check your facts. Cameron Sharp is only a soph.

Moc that may very well be true. Halls is not what you call a hot bed of Basketball Talent. They have a few good players in the soph. class but not a true post. They are alot like Powell they have some good teams but they have problems getting past O.R. and Clinton to win championships. Powell should have a better than average chance in the next couple of years. Halls is one player away from being in the hunt as well. Lack of a good post player will hurt them.

Wow, how did I stumble across the Cameron Sharp fan club......guys, I hate to tell you this, but SEC isn't gonna happen. No one can dispute that he's a talented kid, but to be that short, if you want to play in the SEC,u have to be the quickest guy on the court every time you step out there, no matter who you are playing. Sharp is quick, but there are more athletic point guards just in the Knoxville area. I know he's a soph, but unless he got skipped a few grades, he's just about done growing, and he just isn't good enough to make up for how short he is. Maybe if he was 6'3" he could play in the SEC. Not 5'9" (he's listed at 5'11" which is very beilevable.)

Wow, how did I stumble across the Cameron Sharp fan club......guys, I hate to tell you this, but SEC isn't gonna happen. No one can dispute that he's a talented kid, but to be that short, if you want to play in the SEC,u have to be the quickest guy on the court every time you step out there, no matter who you are playing. Sharp is quick, but there are more athletic point guards just in the Knoxville area. I know he's a soph, but unless he got skipped a few grades, he's just about done growing, and he just isn't good enough to make up for how short he is. Maybe if he was 6'3" he could play in the SEC. Not 5'9" (he's listed at 5'11" which is very beilevable.)

825546897[/snapback]

The kid at Fulton is the only p.g. that is even close to Cameron Sharp. Anyway if he can't play in the SEC what level do you think he can play at? I will agree he isn't 5"11" in basketbal shoes.

No surprises last night. O.R, Powell, and Clinton won. I think the top 4 spots are set. O.R. will finish #1 and Clinton, Karns, and Powell will battle for the 2, 3, and 4 spot. It appears Halls will have to hang on for the 5 spot with Central a victory or two away from knocking Halls down to 6.

Halls is really struggling against quality compettition. Sure they have been able to beat the likes of Gibbs, Union Co., etc... But do they have any quality wins other than Powell. They really need to beat Powell to secure the #5 spot. A victory by Central combined with a loss by Halls could put Central fifth and Halls sixth. That would be a big disappointment for Halls.

I'm really not sure, the next 2 years will decide that. I know he has a lot of ability, and he will unquestionably get a very nice scholarship,D1 is certainly a possibillity, but I think SEC might be a bit of a reach

825546970[/snapback]

He got a letter from Mississippi State last year asking for a film and he got a letter from Tennessee too.