Coffee @ Warren?

redraiderfan

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw the first half it was tied, micah looked like a freak of nature but he can't win a game by himself

825507552[/snapback]

No he can't. CC usually has one good player, but you need more. As of now, CC doesn't have enough help for him. Hopefully, they can still finish in the top 4 in the district. It is time for urgency.

An example of how bad Micah needs help:

Micah has 4 fouls, Warren County up 9, ~6 minutes left in 4th. Micah comes in, goes on a 7-0 BY HIMSELF, WC hits a two, CC hits a three, 1 point game, Micah fouls out. Ballgame, Warren County goes on a 14-4 run for the remainder of the game.

Micah is an AWESOME player. I have seen the best play (B. Wright), and he is a better pure scorer. I mean that. However, his defense and rebounding fundamentals have slipped. That is why he is in foul trouble. He was allowing himself to rely on his jumping ability and quickness instead of getting in proper position. Don't get me wrong, I love how he plays, I really think he is underrated by gomab and others and should be in the top 10 in his class.

The bottom line is, last night showed how a team can beat an individual. WC had three, almost four, guys in double digits. CC's second leading scorer had 4!! Micah needs help. If he was on a better team and had some help, he would be unbelievable!!

Congrats WC on three straight!! Make it four against Blackman for a BIG district win!!

micah is a great player he did foul out last night but he had

minutes- 26

points- 25

reb- 9

ast- 2

stl- 2

yes next leading scorer was davidson with

min- 31

pts- 4

reb- 3

stl- 1

Harrell and Giley led the scoring for warren with 14 each

Harrell had 9 reb and four fouls

warren out rebounded coffee 33-20

warren had more turnovers 8-3 and less assists 4-7

but coffee had 25 fouls to warrens 11

coffee 22 points in the paint - warren 24

bench points coffee - 12 warren - 4

1st period w-15 c14

2nd period w-26 c-25

3rd period w-34 c-32

4th period w-58 c-47

That was the most aggressive I have seen Micah this year. He was not going to be stopped last night. It may have had something to do with the assistant coach from Alabama being there. I hope they tell him a coach is there every game. I thought that fifth foul on Williams was terrible. Coffee County's next three leading scorers on the year combined for six points in the game. It was a time for someone to step up when Williams fouled out and no one did. Warren County played a smart game really controlling the game and ran off a lot of time on several possessions. They had three possessions that totaled up close to seven minutes.