kneepads

WrestleSBA

I have been asked this question so many times that I figured I would throw it out for everyone. I want to hear about fit (does it slide on you), comfort, sweat, impact obsorption ( does it have any, do you like any or is it just for skin protection), and anything else that makes a good one to you. Share what you think about what you have used.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will even start us out.

I have used the Brute Lycra with Sorbothan pad for quite a few years now. They worked great for a while but recently I am not as pleased.

They tend to slide around on me a lot. The padding has begun to hit my knee strangely and is causing a sore spot. They hold moisture and sweat like you wouldn't believe and as a result can get pretty ripe so they have to be washed very frequently and the lycra does not hold up well at the seams for that.

Anyone have suggestions for what I would like? Oh yeah impact obsorption is not really the priority. I really don't want anything bulky.

Share your experiences in this area.

real men don't need no stinking kneepads........ :o

825508625[/snapback]

jim that felt a little bit like a bit of a personal jab :blink: but maybe you are right, it might just be the smart men :P but I think I know more than a few "real men" who use kneepads at times (particularly like when they have knee injuries and need a little bit of added support) :blink: .

I swear by the bulky Brute Shells. They don't slide, protect my knees, and can be handwashed without wearing out (just don't put them in the dryer). The sleeve stays tight on my legs without constricting, and the padding keeps the fluid from building up on my knees when they get banged around. Other smaller ones don't provide enough impact protection.

jim that felt a little bit like a bit of a personal jab :D but maybe you are right, it might just be the smart men :(  but I think I know more than a few "real men" who use kneepads at times (particularly like when they have knee injuries and need a little bit of added support) :D .

825508648[/snapback]

playing the knee injury card to justify the need for protection.... :rolleyes:

my wrestling units wore the brute lycra but they don't do well if you do the tights thing. my mustang wore a big bubble shell early in his high school campaign due to a knee problem. seems to provide the most protection.

playing the knee injury card to justify the need for protection....  :rolleyes: 

my wrestling units wore the brute lycra but they don't do well if you do the tights thing. my mustang wore a big bubble shell early in his high school campaign due to a knee problem. seems to provide the most protection.

825508894[/snapback]

It isn't my knee injury but I know a few who wear them rather than a brace at times.

Back in your first units days the Brute was one of the only thing around that were worth anthing, now there seems to be a few more quality choices. And no I definitely don't do the tights thing :D .

I have been asked this question so many times that I figured I would throw it out for everyone.  I want to hear about fit (does it slide on you), comfort, sweat, impact obsorption ( does it have any, do you like any or is it just for skin protection), and anything else that makes a good one to you.  Share what you think about what you have used.

825508613[/snapback]

I think that the Brute Dome-Tech kneepad is the best on the market as of now.