Don't let the TSSAA get away with this one

WriteStuff

Last thing and I'm done...call me what you will.  But it won't pass.  Most member schools are against it and because of that, it won't pass.  Board of control is supposed to represent the member schools.  Also, if they change basketball they'll have to change softball, baseball, volleyball, and soccer..you think they are going to do that.  SO, continue to run me and the TSSAA down.  Call me a sycophant and tell me to black the boots.  According to you my opinion can only be because I have some connection over their...like bernard childress is my father or something thumb  :P

825509164[/snapback]

Muffin- Carter and Menees are not a part of the Board of Control.  They will have no vote on the matter on January 13.  Looking in the mirror and seeing someone that knows more than you.  Salty...if you will look further I have also posted in favor of public schools and understand that there is an advantage for private schools and was glad to see soemthing done, but I think it went a little far and you want to talk about not being represented, how many private admins are on either board...only one on there was elected as a public admin...but that is another forum...so "black those boots........"  is a characterization and not an insult.  Ok.  Ignorant is not a name, it is a state of mind, uninformed...i guess a characterization of people who speak out of frustration rather than knowledge.  January 13 the BOC will vote it down because a great majority of member schools don't want it and because too many other sports would have to be changed.  Spring fling would cease to exist, it would be a complete dud instead of just a bad idea.  So I lied, I wasn't done....I guess I support privates but I couldn't support private christian schools.

825509270[/snapback]

Hickory: I thought you were finished????

Edited by Lions Den

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But Hickory, I will agree with you on this: That it won't pass because not many schools, coachs,players or fans are for it. I believe that is fact statewide!! And the Board of Control is suppose to repersent their regions.

So what if it does pass- then is it safe to say it's what ever (Carter, Menees and Childress) want.

Show me the money- t$$aa. They really should adopt this motto!!!

The state office will not enforce rules and only schedules playoffs and tournaments.

If you host an invitational hoops tourney you have to pay 17% of gross gate to TSSAA. Do they charge for all sports. Wrestling doesnt pay in most places. Softball doesn't in the west. Is it only basketball tourneys that must be sanctioned. If you play in an unsanction event is there penalties. No, not if Carter and crew have to do work. I want a job just attending sporting events.

Coach K

Edited by trojanbob

The last time the T$$AA tried to mess with the basketball play off system was about five years ago. They went to a super-sectional system, three teams from each region played. Well, the #3 team from Regiom 4 came out #2 in that super-sectional tournament. The rest is history. Jackson Co was that #3 regional team that went on to win 4 Championships in a row.

By the way the T$$AA went back to the old system the following year.

An improvement idea that went sour.

TSSAA made over $ 621,000 from Basketball tournaments in fy 2004.

They paid out $ 249,999 in attorney fees.

The executive director is paid more than $ 110,000.

Food for thought.

Public Info on any non-profit (TSSAA) organization is available at guidestar.org

I know everyone who is backing the T$$AA in this means well but I have to disagree.....When the regions and districts were realigned in Nov. , with very few exceptions, there was strong disagreement from the west with the proposed plan, especially in football and basketball.....but the plan continued and was approved. It seems to me that certain BOARD OF CONTROL and TSSAA representatives special interests were well served by that plan so hence the approval...So why should we think that complaining to our representatives would change anything when it comes to this, the latest hair-brained plan in an ever increasing long list of hair-brained plans??....it is all about the money and very little about the well-being of our kids....certain people and schools are being catered to (or at least there is definitely a pattern of favoritism :huh: ) and it is this that causes the suspicion and skepticism every time an even slightly controversial issue comes up. If we don't look out for the best interest of our children then who will??...the TSSAA? :P I think we already know the answer to that question...