Don't let the TSSAA get away with this one

WriteStuff

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Salty, I guess coacht is from DCA too because he supports the TSSAA.

825509027[/snapback]

I am critical of the TSSAA at times, myself, like I am with other organizations who make decisions I don't agree with. However, when I criticize them I do it knowing that the decision I am critical of comes from either the Board of Control or the Legislative Council, not Ronnie Carter or Bernard Childress or anyone else on the TSSAA staff.

Look, I don't agree with the new state tourney idea, but calling Ronnie and those other guys will not get anything done. Like has been said before, you have to call the Board of Control. I absolutely hate the idea of only having 4 teams in the state tourney. It is all about the cash flow, and if the TSSAA sees a way to cut back on spending, it will...no matter what id does to the sport. The TSSAA does not see the kid that spends all afternoon in the gym shooting free throws dreaming of kissing that gold ball. The TSSAA does not care about the kid who plays sports, just so he can stay off the streets. The TSSAA sees dollar figures, period. I challenge the TSSAA to take a long hard look at this proposal, and don't just consider the $$$, but keep in mind that kid in the gym that may not get a chance to play for it all, just because you think you might can save a dollar here and there. It is ALL about the kids...nobody else, not the coaches, not the parents, not the athletic directors...THE KIDS!!! Remember this!!!

Salty- typical of an ignorant person you attack when people put forth intelligent arguments because you don't have the facts or understanding to be able to argue, only throw insults. Was sycophant the word of the day on your calendar?? Coacht, thanks for the support....TSSAA isn't always right but the directors are just doing what they are told. And I don't care one way or the other about private schools. I have been around public and private schools for 30 years...so Salty this private school likes it stuff is crazy....why would private schools like it that the BOARD OF CONTROL...not Ronnie Carter....multiples them by 1.8 so that they can play against schools three times their size....now, go to your thesarus and find more attacks and realizet that you have NO reply to any of this!

Last thing and I'm done...call me what you will. But it won't pass. Most member schools are against it and because of that, it won't pass. Board of control is supposed to represent the member schools. Also, if they change basketball they'll have to change softball, baseball, volleyball, and soccer..you think they are going to do that. SO, continue to run me and the TSSAA down. Call me a sycophant and tell me to black the boots. According to you my opinion can only be because I have some connection over their...like bernard childress is my father or something thumb :lol:

Salty- typical of an ignorant person you attack when people put forth intelligent arguments because you don't have the facts or understanding to be able to argue, only throw insults. Was sycophant the word of the day on your calendar??  Coacht, thanks for the support....TSSAA isn't always right but the directors are just doing what they are told.  And I don't care one way or the other about private schools.  I have been around public and private schools for 30 years...so Salty this private school likes it stuff is crazy....why would private schools like it that the BOARD OF CONTROL...not Ronnie Carter....multiples them by 1.8 so that they can play against schools three times their size....now, go to your thesarus and find more attacks and realizet that you have NO reply to any of this!

825509158[/snapback]

You say Carter and mennes has no say so over the BoC,think again they are part of the board,and you call salty ignorant, husker you need to look in the mirror and see the face of ignorance.

Muffin: Thanks for the support. You, like me, know the BOC and LC often side with the TSSAA leadership, although in theory they are supposed to represent the member schools. A lot like the US Congress.

Falcon: Exactly. You have a good heart.

Hickory: Didn't mean to insult you. Meant to characterize you. If you are not a private school supporter, you need to tell those people to quit posting under your name. I've been called a lot of names, but ignorant is a new one. I'll try to stick to one syllable words from now on when answering you. Glad I could expand your vocabulary.

This is a money issue, pure and simple, as most TSSAA decisions are. Sometimes tough decisions have to be made based on finances. I understand that. This is not one of those decisions. The basketball state tournaments are self-supporting.

Remember this. The TSSAA building in Hermitage was built largely on basketball revenue. Look around the room when making the decision and realize that basketball paid for it. Football playoffs did not begin until 1969 I believe. Basketball carried football and other sports financially for years. Basketball was/ is the cash cow. Not to mix animal references, but don't kill the goose that laid the golden egg.

I personally like the state tourney the way it is but for good or bad I don't have a vote. So when we find ourselves in that predicament we contact who we can that do have a vote. If that doesn't work then we lobby to have those we disagree with changed. In the end we live with what we have. We support our kids no matter what.

Muffin- Carter and Menees are not a part of the Board of Control. They will have no vote on the matter on January 13. Looking in the mirror and seeing someone that knows more than you. Salty...if you will look further I have also posted in favor of public schools and understand that there is an advantage for private schools and was glad to see soemthing done, but I think it went a little far and you want to talk about not being represented, how many private admins are on either board...only one on there was elected as a public admin...but that is another forum...so "black those boots........" is a characterization and not an insult. Ok. Ignorant is not a name, it is a state of mind, uninformed...i guess a characterization of people who speak out of frustration rather than knowledge. January 13 the BOC will vote it down because a great majority of member schools don't want it and because too many other sports would have to be changed. Spring fling would cease to exist, it would be a complete dud instead of just a bad idea. So I lied, I wasn't done....I guess I support privates but I couldn't support private christian schools.