Lady Highlanders

highlandermom

I was just replying to the above statement. I think she's probably pretty happy where she's at.

What's everyone's take on what will happen if the rumors of Kries leaving are true??? Who will be next?

But, as I said before, I don't agree with the fact of him leaving unless its of his own choosing. I feel that he should at least be given 2 years.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still haven't heard any rumor about the future of the Lady Highlanders program, and even if I had heard the rumors, I'd have a hard time believing Kries won't be back next year. There's no reason to think that he would be let go after one season. Anyone who thinks that one season is enough to determine whether a coach can have success with rebuilding the program isn't thinking clearly, in my opinion. Secondly, I think Kries has done a good job this year.

That said, I think there are a number of capable young coaches right here in our community who would be very good at the high school level. I have no idea whether he'd want it or whether the county would be interested him, but one in particular I think would do a fantastic job is Phil Newport from Oneida Middle.

Still, I think its absurd to call for Kries' departure simply because he didn't take his team from worst to first in a single year.

I'm not by any means saying that he hasn't done a great job. I think he has and in time I do believe that he could turn it around...I don't what anyone to get the idea that I am in favor of him leaving but I have heard by some reliable sources that it is a good possibility and there will be a middle school coach possibly moving up...For the program's sake I hope not...They will never be able to rebuild if they keep getting new coaches every year...But, I don't make those decisions...I hope Mr. Davis is smarter than that...If he wants the program to turn around he has to leave him for a few years at least...

But, I wish SHS the best of luck in the tournament. That's a great bunch of girls and are capable of upsetting some teams if they set their minds to it. Let's go girls....No better time than tournament time to start really playing some ball. There are alot of people that believe in you...and I think you gained some respect or at least recognition last night against OS. Keep it up!!!