Smyrna Baseball

Guest region4fan

Guest region4fan

The boards are only open for PLUS members and most of the HS kids don't have one. I think they open up on Valentine's Day....so should be quite the action by then.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So region... any luck on your search?  I see that everyone seems to be keepin this a hush hush topic.  Kinda funny!  I KNOW there are lots of people discussing this and have been for some time.  I have even had explayers of the baseball team tell me things but no one ever seems to comment on here.  HMMM??? :lol:

825522378[/snapback]

Caldwell,Chad BBk, BB 08/20/2004 2004 04 Needs NFHS Course (21) but he is able to coach and he is approved by TSSAA.

I am going to disagree with all of you people out there about coach V and coach M. They are both good coaches on different things that is why they are a good fit for each other. Coach M does a good job with the kids as for making it fun while Coach V brings in the discipline and the order. We all know one does not go without the other if you want to have a good program. Coach M is a very busy man with Fresh football then helps with Basketball and the baseball but I tell you what Coach V does a great job maintaining that field with Coach L. They cut the grass and make sure the kids have a state of the art facility which is clean and well groomed. You guys can not sit here and tell me that he does nothing at all. He does not have favorites like you say he does and I know that for a fact, I have been around him for 6 years and he is straight up, he wants to win Coach M wants to win but until all the kids take it serious there is nothing else Coach M or Coach V can do to help it. It is a shame we are questioning his ability of coaching or anything else about his decisions. He is a good coach and he cares about his kids. He is trying so hard to get seniors scholarships because he wants them to play past HS when I know some coaches that don't care one way or the other. Anyway enough said, Smyrna needs a combination of V, M, L & C to help them be great and with the right dosage they have the chance to win a lot of games.

Guest region4fan

Who is this Caldwell person? Is he a volunteer coach?

BUT.... That was really not the person we were wondering about. I appreciate your input and insight shs01, as always.

I was just questioning why you would allow a parent to "help" with your team? It only creates a huge problem and is usually not worth it. I refer you to the Wolke saga in football. That caused disharmony within the team.Then there are always folk who question the child involved and his playing time.And think about the additional pressure on the child. That sure makes it hard for him ....is he playing b/c he is exceptionally good or b/c of his dad? Why allow your scruples to be questioned when you have perfectly capable coaches already??

Now back to topic at hand............heard yesterday that job that will open is in Rutherford County. I am rooting for Coach Middleton to get his chance as he deserves it.

Coach M will be a great HC but here is one problem...his blood is thick and very purple. He breaths, sleeps, dreams...PURPLE. It will be very hard for him to leave smyrna to go somewhere else unless the have an opening in a school that it will have the Bulldogs as a mascot, purple and gold colors and the name of the school is Smyrna High. He is a perfect replacement for Mr. Raikes when he retires...Coach M will retire as a Bulldog but that is just my opinion.

Guest region4fan

You don't think his desire to be a HC himself will overshadow that purple and gold fever that he seems to have? He coached my nephew several years back in summer leagues and I just feel like he needs his chance to control a program.My nephew would have followed him anywhere....but he was zoned for OHS and I would have disowned him had he left for Smyrna. :lol: (hahahaha I bet that surprises you?) Do you not think that is within his game plan to do the HC thing? Any chance of the job opening up in Purple and gold land?

Like i said in my personal opinion Coach M is not going to leave Smyrna for anything else around he is involved in almost everything that is going on at this HS. When he learns how to coach soccer ( actually he coached an indoor team this past weekend for soccer ) he will be a coach that can do it all. :lol:

As for the job at purple land opening up...I don't think that V is going anywhere, if you look around he has done a lot for the program, he is a hard worker and he does everything for those kids but...he never wants credit for anything he does around there. He is a good guy and a good coach but he has to constanly deal with players quitting baseball to play OTHER sports ...if you know what I mean and that hurts a team alot.

Guest region4fan

I do know exactly what you are talking about...players quitting to play other sports. I am a huge believer that when they play other sports it helps keep them fit and their grades up...also makes them accountable for spare time activities where lots get into stuff they shouldn't. But I must admit , I was happy that my fav player from OHS football quit baseball to concentrate on football recently. He missed spring last yr totally and so did our QB.

Are you serious......Mid coached a soccer game? Now that is simply unbelievable.I have to hear about that.

Guest region4fan

All I know is that I would love to lure him to OAKLAND for any sport......but esp football. :lol: I would take good care of him there. Pass the word.......

All I know is that I would love to lure him to OAKLAND for any sport......but esp football. :D I would take good care of him there. Pass the word.......

825524510[/snapback]

I am not sure about that Region4, I think we are going to keep him and make him the soccer coach next year, we sure need one ...hehehe

This is all funny.  I think that I'm the coal mine. hahaha. The parent that is being referred to is not a coach.  He's been throwing BP to kids in the cage because the coaches can't.  It's against the rules.  If any other dads of Smyrna kids want to throw, please come out.  <_<  We have open facilities like everyone else. Coach Caldwell has taken the required classes, and he will help when freshman basketball is over.  All of the coaches work well together.  This topic is dead.  The kids are working hard, and we are looking forward to a great season with some good kids.  I love this game, and I can't wait for Feb. 14.  I didn't really want to post anything, but I also don't want this to be a distraction.  Good luck to Oakland and all the other teams that have posted comments.

825525836[/snapback]

This is funny to think that you looper are the coal mine NOT!! The little time you have been here at smyrna has been a joke in baseball. I really don't think you are ready to coach anyting more than rec. ball. You are too much of a yes sir to ANYTHING that Vetter says to you!!!!!!! I think that you and Vetter have something on Mr. Rakes because of Vetters record STINKS IN THE LAS 4 YEARS ETC. He has had the teams to win but he is not a head coach. He doesn't know how to talk to the kids. Just parents that want to help him!!!! I think that everyone forgets that its for the kids not coaches. If you have a coach that goes undefeated when kids are a freshman and solphmores when they get juniors and seniors guess what everyone around are the same you just have a coach that they have a very losing season. I know that it is the coaching!!! (vetter).

The best thing they can so is let vetter be a PITCHING COACH only!! He doesn't know how to be a head coach because you have to have all of the tools and he is missing quite a few!! Coach Mid won with the same kids has had a better record than Vetter the last 5 to 6 years!!! IT IS IN BLACK AND WHITE AND VETTER IS JELLOUS IS ALL!!! Coach Mid know how to bring the best out of a kid and the kid wants to work harder. Coach Mid is in it for all of the kids not just his in sports!! My hat goes off to Chad, because of all people Vetter treated him like poo poo !!!! his Senior year!!! That is a fact!!! SMYRNA WAKE UP AND SMELL THE ROSES !!!

COACH MID IS THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

undefined

I guess you know it all.  No argument from me Bulldog Mom.  I've never been successful in high school.  :( lol.  Do your research before you trash me.  I don't work at all either.  Never work on the field.  Never coach in the summer.  I don't put extra time into learning more about the game.  I never do anything like that.  I'm just in it for the money.  :blink: I'm not posting anymore.  See you at the ballfield.

825526884[/snapback]

thumb thumb I appricate your support MSK2069!! Hopefully the rest of the story and truth will come out !!

DLOOP In reference to your post where did you coach and why are you not there any more!!!!

I HAVE done my research my child played for you and all i saw was the tail wagging the dog(you in vetters shadow) ALWAYS!!!!!!! Hidding if your were talking to a parent and vetter walked up, etc.,

You work hard, you ought too!! You are living rent free and I (the taxpayer) are paying for it!!!

By the way if my child needs help on the field, in the class room or a friend, he can turn to coach MID. and he will listen and not make fun of the kids!!!!! Maybe you and vetter ought to take some refersher classes on how to COACH and communication!!! It, might be helpful and maybe you both would not be causing the young althletes to quite something that they love!!

Reguardless who is in charge?? I WISH THE BOYS GOOD LUCK THIS YEAR!!

We parents & players want to win finally this year !!! WISH THE COACHES WOULD CLIMB ABOARD!!

One more thing!! THE TRASH NEEDS PICKING UP IN THE PARKING LOT!!!

Edited by BulldogMom

Guest region4fan

Could we get back to the original topic now?? I just want Coach Mid , who is a fine man and fine coach, to get a chance at a HC baseball job. I think he has paid his dues and is long overdue.