Have Know it all fans ruined HS basketball!

Onaroll

I was reading the officiating topic and I couldn't help but laugh at the ignorance of some of those posts! This is only my opionion so take it with a grain of salt. I think if you don't have the courage to walk a mile in a person's shoes you have no right to belittle someone else for doing a job you are not willing to do yourself.

Edited by Onaroll

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The_Siegel_Senior
I bet anything that Let 'em play is a ref... Probably one of the refs that everyone hates to see officiating their games

825514069[/snapback]

put 500.00 large on it then my boy...since you are sooo smart...

I'm not a ref because my hearing and vision are fully intact

and its not all refs its just a select sorry few that make the refs hated. I'm not trying to put down refs in general. there are a few that are very good refs and some very decent refs but attending a small single a school i feel that we get the short straw when it comes to refs 2 of 5 think there whistsles only work on one end of the court

Edited by better_than_you

I was reading the officiating topic and I couldn't help but laugh at the ignorance of some of those posts!  This is only my opionion so take it with a grain of salt.  I think if you don't have the courage to walk a mile in a person's shoes you have no right to belittle someone else for doing a job you are not willing to do yourself.    Actually, I think that if you are one of the ones that criticize Referee's without having the courage to do the job yourself ..... well that makes you a coward! 

If you really wanna make a difference in highschool basketball the next time you hear a loud mouth screaming at the refs, tell him to sit down and shut up!  The unruly fans are the ones that are taking the enjoyment out of the game not the refs!  But then I guess it is easier to come on CoachT and bash people over the internet than it is to show a little bit of character and tell someone face to face that you don't approve of thier behavior. 

For all of you that think officials have ruined HS basketball answer me this one question.  Why don't you become an official?!  Don't tell me that you don't have time...... you all go to games where you see these terrible refs and you have time to come on CoachT and write these posts........so you have time! I think it is because you know you couldn't take a dose of your own medicine ....... or maybe because you simply....... DON'T HAVE THE GUTS!

825514061[/snapback]

My question to you is,are you a ref?