Billy Blount vs. Maryville Round 2

papa chaos

Maryville overcame some early hot shooting by the Govs to prevail at William Blount earlier in the season. Since then I know that WB did really well in a holiday tournament down in Florida (I think that's where it was anyway) and Maryville has been pretty consistent with the exception one hiccup against Heritage.

What are your thoughts on the rematch this Friday at MHS?

i think MHS is gonna bring the heat this game. other players besides brewer need to step up and make some shots. saxe needs to be on fire from 3 point land and needs to be big inside as usual. a good rotation with jenkins being in a lot will be an advantage for us. i think MHS wins this one by at least 10 at home, though it will be a good game as always seeing as how they are cross town rivals

Question...I have a friend who goes to Maryville High School...i live no where close to there,but from what i hear they are good in..well like every sport..my friend used to do track...and even in track they were good..can anyone inform on just how good their bball team is? thanks

825518798[/snapback]

They're a solid, well-coached team. No real stars. I saw in the paper this week, that they are ranked #9 in the state in the AP poll. That kind of surprised me. Lost alot of the talent from last year, but guys are stepping up this year

well the Rebels absolutely dominated bill blount on friday. i think trey brewer took each of their players to school at least twice, and that one play at the end of a quarter where he went through 4 defenders straight to the basket, wow. this guy is insane. and #40 got 2 or 3 shots slammed down his throat by danny saxe. domination by Maryville, which is the norm against william blount in any sport