State Champion

takedown technician

Again - you can't just shut up and leave me alone.  I have no other screen name.  Herm is not me.  I know him though and like me he has a lovely wife, beautiful daughter, and a TN state champion wrestler for a son.  I strongly advise him not to let you find out who he is though or he runs the risk of you stalking him also.

825538190[/snapback]

relax... You're right, you really don't know me. Vol/Herm or whoever, just lay off of Connell and I'm cool. That's been our only real conflict anywho!!

soms

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heyheyheyyyy...

We all post on these boards without fear of retribution, as it should be.

I dont particularly care to know anyones ID, I generally enjoy reading the posts, and reposting where appropriate. Sometimes its benefical to know the school they support, so that can be taken into reply.

Everyone has an opinion on here, of course mine happen to the correct ones. So pay attention. :lol: <laffs at self>

One thing you can count on. Once a year I will bring the topic up regarding one state champion. It is the natural order of things.

reftn

Edited by reftn

Walkenvol....Sommers....squaring off....in singlets......now there's a bad mental image!

825538280[/snapback]

Especially with my growing gut, RMC!! :lol:

Vol

again... Facts? it was your choice based on your own years of wrestling experience & observation in Chattanooga. You chose to take your young star athlete from the Harrison area and entrust his future in GC's care. You sound displeased with YOUR choice, to say the least.

I quess I'm just confused. No one on that team had a chance in beating Nick Marable last year and you should be honored that he took the challenge and didn't back down. Why didn't you put your foot down or throw the chair before state and wait until the loss became reality? I guess you liked the challenge, huh? Let it go. You could have chosen Jim before but you didn't. It's your deal, beef, crow, whatever, not ours to swallow.

Sorry.

I repeat...

Some facts you may have also forgotten... Under Coach Connell's leadership, McCallie wrestlers have won 52 state titles - more than any other school in Tennessee. McCallie teams have won 8 championships, 13 state titles (latest being in 2003, and 5 dual titles. Twice Coach Connell has been named the Scrappy Moore Coach of the Year. Since 1981 he has served as the video technician for the USA Wrestling Team at World and Olympic level competition, and since 1995 for the NWCA at the NCAA's + he just won a world championship in a tourment this past summer himself. One of few Americans to beat top Wrestlers from Russia, the middle East, etc. Now you go do it. I won't, but maybe Steve Logsdon will. :lol:

Edited by Sommers

Like always you continue to show your ignorance. Your the one posting about last season, not me. You presume to have some insight into people's thoughts and the actions of folks you don't even know and that live hundreds of miles away from you. You are right about one thing only, you are confused. If you think that folks spend $15,000+ for a sports program then you are even more foolish then I suspect. Reasonable people pick a school for an education - sports are extras. You fill this board with your endless babble and baseless opinions on topics that you know nothing about. Why don't you spend some of that time emparting to your son your porfound knowledge of the sport of wrestling. We would all like to see a Sommers appear on one of Hamm's future rankings.

Like always you continue to show your ignorance.  Your the one posting about last season, not me.  You presume to have some insight into people's thoughts and the actions of folks you don't even know and that live hundreds of miles away from you.  You are right about one thing only, you are confused.  If you think that folks spend $15,000+ for a sports program then you are even more foolish then I suspect.  Reasonable people pick a school for an education - sports are extras.  You fill this board with your endless babble and baseless opinions on topics that you know nothing about.  Why don't you spend some of that time emparting to your son your porfound knowledge of the sport of wrestling.  We would all like to see a Sommers appear on one of Hamm's future rankings.

825538429[/snapback]

Thanks, kind sir...

I can't get my son ranked. Only he can do that. He's in his third year of wrestling now; struggling some, but it is possible he'll be competitive in a couple of weeks. We'll see?

I suppose you are happy with your choice of McCallie then? You should be. I am still confused about one thing though, who's paying $15,000? The folks I talk to are not, at least not all.

Oh, by the way... Franklin's still #1 (D1 or D2) or as far as D2, will end up that way!!! It may be more than Gut now, however. I noticed how quiet you became about this topic after the McCallie Invitaional and Ryan. Am I all full of babble on this one still?

1. I can't get my son ranked.

2. I suppose you are happy with your choice of McCallie then?  You should be. 

3. I am still confused about one thing though, who's paying $15,000? 

4.The folks I talk to are not, at least not all.

5.I noticed how quiet you became about this topic after the McCallie Invitaional and Ryan. 

825538584[/snapback]

1. I teach my kids all kind of things, including wrestling. Too bad you don't help yours the same.

2. Its none of your business and who are you to tell me what I should think.

3. Tuition for Day School $15,500 for Boarding School $29,750

The tuition includes noon meals as well as fees for Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Physical Science, Typing, Art, Pottery, and Photography.

Books $350-500

(per year, depending on grade level requirements)

4. Name more then 2. You can't because you probably don't know any.

5. Because I don't want any more interaction with you.

Go away - leave me alone.

I suppose you are happy with your choice of McCallie then?  You should be.  I am still confused about one thing though, who's paying $15,000?  The folks I talk to are not, at least not all.

825538584[/snapback]

First of all, How could anyone be happy with the choice of McCallie? (A little competitive humor)

Now that I have that off of my chest, you don't know what you are talking about. A large majority of students, even athletes, and yes, even wrestlers, pay full tuition. If they aren't then they are getting need based finacial aid as determined by a group in Princeton, NJ. If most of the people you are talking to are not paying full tuition, then you are not talking to many folks. This is baffling however based on previous posts. I was under the impression that you have close, personal relationships with all significant wrestling families in Tennessee which, of course, would include many at McCallie.

Edited by mtnrasslin

First of all, How could anyone be happy with the choice of McCallie? (A little competitive humor)

Now that I have that off of my chest, you don't know what you are talking about. A large majority of students, even athletes, and yes, even wrestlers, pay full tuition. If they aren't then they are getting need based finacial aid as determined by a group in Princeton, NJ. If most of the people you are talking to are not paying full tuition, then you are not talking to many folks. This is baffling however based on previous posts. I was under the impression that you have close, personal relationships with all significant wrestling families in Tennessee which, of course, would include many at McCallie.

825538934[/snapback]

I can't name names, but over the past twenty years I've known many. Manley's probably right that I now know only a couple at McCallie and know maybe one or two elsewhere "today," but of course will not name names. I do know of one family as well from a few miles south of me that was most grateful a few years ago that one of these schools in Chattanooga offered their son a great package they couldn't refuse and clearly it has been a win-win every since. They may remember a good conversation or two over this matter as they graciously ran the hospitlality room. :lol:

I better stop here.

Like always you continue to show your ignorance.  Your the one posting about last season, not me.  You presume to have some insight into people's thoughts and the actions of folks you don't even know and that live hundreds of miles away from you.  You are right about one thing only, you are confused.  If you think that folks spend $15,000+ for a sports program then you are even more foolish then I suspect.  Reasonable people pick a school for an education - sports are extras.  You fill this board with your endless babble and baseless opinions on topics that you know nothing about.  Why don't you spend some of that time emparting to your son your porfound knowledge of the sport of wrestling.  We would all like to see a Sommers appear on one of Hamm's future rankings.

825538429[/snapback]

Why would his dad spend more time on getting ham to rank him? In my opinion the wrestler has to prove himself to get ranked not the father, also the wrestler has to have enough drive to be ranked. Spencer was ranked not to long ago, but he has been out for 3 weeks because of injury. Now another thing you shouldn't hold a grudge against a good coach because your son couldn't beat a wrestler, should I blame this on you because he didn't win in the finals last year? No it can only go towards the wrestler, they have to want it the most. Sorry I just don't like the way you talked about the Sommers. Plus what does rankings do anyways the only place you can really prove yourself is on the mat. You should know that.

Edited by wrestlerguy119