scott vs. ac round 2,,, who wins this one

shssr

Thats awesome from a mom, you just keep on a feud that isn't deserved. I'm a senior at Oneida and I along with most students think the whole "rivalry" thing is stupid. The reason we don't play i nthe same league is because Scott has more students meaning more athletes so they should be better, but most years including this one the game would be a good one, ask the Scott High seniors, they used to play pick up with us all the time, and they would say the same thing about this rivalry, it's stupid.

825528193[/snapback]

You know that scott would kill you all in a game if you played them. That is why you don't play us.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole discussion is a little ridiculous if you ask me. Why does it matter so much to Scott High that Oneida doesn't play them in the top two sports? I don't see ANYONE from Oneida going onto a Scott High thread and bashing the Highlanders. Yet it seems like some of the Scott High people are on every Oneida thread with something negative to say. I support both teams and hope they both excel in football and basketball. There would be nothing more thrilling than to see both Scott and Oneida in Murfreesboro at the end of the season.

Speaking as a graduate of Scott High School, some of you all, quite frankly, are embarrassing.

Ok maybe it is stupid to talk about a feud that "doesn't" exsist. I am not rying to continue a feud, it is already here and always will be here, but I don't wish anything bad towards Oneida, I hope they have a good season just like SHS.

I'm sure the Lady Indians are happy that they recieved some "county girls" for their b-ball team, other wise they wouldn't be winning the games they are now. I think the high scorer is the Phillips girl from Huntsville and they also have a couple more from huntsville and I think maybe 1 or 2 from Robbins? In my opinon OHS brings some of it on their own by leaving the county school system and let's face do u really need to put "special school district" on your buses, I mean really heaven forbid that Oneida might be mistaken for anything other than Special!!!

I want to like OHS teams and wish them luck when they go to tourneys but they make it hard to like them when they are all out to seperate themselves from the county school system. But I will express my opinon anytime and anywhere I want to, that's my right !!!!

but for the record I wish Oneida all the luck in B-ball girls and boys and of course in football too......and good luck to the SHS teams.....Let's go scott county!!!

Actually Oneida didn't seperate themselves, it happend a long time ago and anyone invovled with the school now wasn't around back then. Those girls probably went to Oneida for a better education, and it is. Oneida offers a top 10 education so that's wh ythey come and probably for the girls basketball tradition. Thats proably the reason they come here.

Guys, both Scott and Oneida, please don't listen to this garbage. I believe highlandermom is just some kid trying to start trouble with something that they absolutly know nothing about. Think about it, highlandermom is great fake name. And more than that, do you really think an adult or especially a parent would try to start something between kids. Both schools are cool with each other, we just don't need some kid stirring up something thats there. btw- Good luck with homecoming (both teams).

This is getting crazy...first off, Oneida Special School District isn't a name given because they "separated" themselves from the county school district....it is given because they are an independently funded school system...unlike state supported school systems such as scott county or any other county school system for that matter. Yes, I guess we could say Oneida Independent School District, but, it's not just merely Independent.......

I wish the best to Scott High in their academic pursuits and athletic competitions. They are a team, school, and disctrict on the rise, and will continue to do very well. They are headed in the right direction.

BUT LET'S GET BACK TO THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD

AC will shoot the lights out in their own gym...

Scott will play good defense, and hustle...

These two teams match up well...Scott matches them better than any team in the District.

but in the end, AC controls the game with ball movement and will make enough shots, especially from the Free throw line, (late in the ball game)

AC by 7

Actually, to correct a couple of things: The Oneida school district has been "separated" from the Scott County school district for a loooong time. In fact, the Oneida school district was first created as an independent district in 1905. This isn't something that just came about recently. Then, to jump over to the other side of the fence, I would disagree with anyone who says that Oneida High students receive a better education than Scott High students. That simply isn't true.

The reason this whole disagreement continues between Scott High and Oneida really has nothing to do with sports. It really boils down to stubborn attitudes from people - mostly parents, as Ro pointed out - from both sides: People from Scott High who feel that Oneida, as a "special" school district is "stuck up," "snobbish," etc. and people from Oneida who feel that Scott High is a dumb, redneck school. I just feel like both opinions are pretty childish. We have two very good high schools in Scott County. About 16 or 17 years ago, Oneida began to transform from a good school to a great school. In the last couple of years, Scott High has gone from a good school to being well on its way to a great school.

Edited by WrittenWord

hey ro,, this is from the shs players. get on ur own thread, talk about how u all can maybe get oakdale next time and quit bashing the education at shs. the reason there is a feud between these two schools is because of people like u who always stick their nose where it doesnt belong. if u spent as much time working on ur game as u do predicting our games and bashing our school,, maybe u all would have a better record. i get sick and tired of listening to ur crap on every thread on scott high. we,, meaning the basketball players from shs,, dont get on here and bash ur school or ur team. so,, we expect the same from u all. so, dont get on here and pretend that its scott high's fault that the feud continues,, its people like u that dont have anything better to do than talk about other people rather than focusing on urself. u too threeball,, maybe u should take this advice too.

.....ok I can say that I am not a kid, I am a parent and a former student of SHS!!!

and I guess I do bring alot of past stuff that has no business being brought into coacht ...and for that I am sorry. But OHS does not offer a better education then SHS they are both great schools, I don't know anything about some of the people from OHS.....but I know that SHS has had some students to excell at great postions in life after high school... Dr. Tim Smith......Dr. Elizabeth Kline Burress....Joey Melhorn ......Scottie Brummet (college football).....Jordan Jeffers....and the list goes on and I'm sure I have forgotten many...and I'm sure that OHS has just as many as we do......but there will always be a rivalry.....I guess I just need to make sure I don't do anything to further that.....SHS kids Have pride and let's move on because they will never see it our way and we will never see it their way, and really it doesn't matter anyways.

Actually Oneida didn't seperate themselves, it happend a long time ago and anyone invovled with the school now wasn't around back then. Those girls probably went to Oneida for a better education, and it is. Oneida offers a top 10 education so that's wh ythey come and probably for the girls basketball tradition. Thats proably the reason they come here.

825528643[/snapback]

There is not a fued or a rivalry because both teams have to win to be a rivalry and ohs maybe beat scott 1 or 2 times out of the 20 times they played and i belive that ohs didnt score on scott for about 10 years. and Roark u need to get a life and get off your computer and i belive scott has two student/athletes in college not on for their atheletic ability but there education so lay off education.

The reason education becomes the topic is because Oneida has smaller classes which means their low grades from students count more than ours do. I wasn't meaning to bash i was just saying the reason most county kids come to Oneida is because we have a better education because we have less people meaning we have more time with the teachers. I probably should have said that the first time around but I didn't.