Clarksville @ Dickson County 1/21/05

10W40

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look for Dickson Co. to win this showdown. Clarksville has not played a district game on the road and haven't played the top 2 teams yet ... Dickson Co. and Clarksville-Northeast. With the big crowd ... I expect the young Wildcats to lose their 1st game in the district. Dickson Co. is in the drivers seat to win the district after winning at Clarksvile-Northeast on Tuesday. I think you will be impressed with Tyrone Caldwell ... he definately doesn't play like a Freshman. He is very good in transition and is a complete player. He may not score a lot ... he really passes too much at times when he penetrates. He could score 10 or he can go for 30 - you never know. Hopefully this one will be a fun one to watch ... I just hope the wildcats make it a good game and don't get blown out in their 1st big game on the road!

Edited by Midstate

I look for Dickson Co. to win this showdown. Clarksville has not played a district game on the road and haven't played the top 2 teams yet ... Dickson Co. and <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=76&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Clarksville-Northeast</a>. With the big crowd ... I expect the young Wildcats to lose their 1st game in the district. Dickson Co. is in the drivers seat to win the district after winning at Clarksvile-Northeast on Tuesday. I think you will be impressed with Tyrone Caldwell ... he definately doesn't play like a Freshman. He is very good in transition and is a complete player. He may not score a lot ... he really passes too much at times when he penetrates. He could score 10 or he can go for 30 - you never know. Hopefully this one will be a fun one to watch ... I just hope the wildcats make it a good game and don't get blown out in their 1st big game on the road!

825528320[/snapback]

Where do you get that Tyrone may not score alot...I may be mistaken, but he is their leading scorer..He's avg. 20+ points a game, also avg. in the mid single digits in ast. Which is pretty impressive as a 2 guard. Don't get me wrong, he has some things he needs to work on, he's no where near perfect, but I don't think scoring is one of those things. He can score almost at will it seems like, the times that I've seen him play anyway.

But as far as who I think will win the game. I'm going to have to give it to Dickson Co. It's hard for anybody to go Dickson and win, the cougar den has a great basketball atmosphere, enthusiastic fan support. With Dicksons home court advantage, they'll pull out a victory.But I think they will go into the tournament with split wins.

Edited by coachAG

Tyrone Caldwell is just not one of those players who is going to put up big numbers every night ... he only had 12 points their last game. If the defense focuses on him, he will not force a lot of bad shots. I am sure that Dickson Co. will focus on his penetration (taking charges, etc.) and he would rather dish it off to an open man than to force anything. That's the reason that he may not put up big numbers tonight or any other night.

On the other hand, if Dickson Co. turns the ball over a lot or plays an up tempo game ... he could easily drop 30 on them. I guess we'll have to wait and see. :P

Edited by Midstate

Bottom-Line Corey is a Veteran he's been in so many BIG Games, there is no Presure, he's not afraid of the Big Shot, Thats why Corey is the most Lethal Scorer iin 10AAA may-be in the State, if he's not he's in the TOP 10-when it comes to taking big shots and putting up BIG NUMBERS!!! :P

Tyrone is a very Good player, but he is no Corey Pfiegher, but in Time he will be just like Corey or Better by his Senior Year of High School, Right Now Corey is a scoring Machine and he knows how to play the game, Corey knows game situation, when to shoot, when to drive, when to pass, he rebounds, his game has becomed well rounded... :P

Behind Drake Reed is Corey Pfiegher,, and believe me that margin is small... Right now Drake is the District MVP, but if Dickson wins the District Corey will walk away with the Crown... :angry:

CROSS thumb

Bottom-Line Corey is a Veteran he's been in so many BIG Games, there is no Presure, he's not afraid of the Big Shot, Thats why Corey is the most Lethal Scorer iin 10AAA may-be in the State, if he's not he's in the TOP 10-when it comes to taking big shots and putting up BIG NUMBERS!!! :D

Tyrone is a very Good player, but he is no Corey Pfiegher, but in Time he will be just like Corey or Better by his Senior Year of High School, Right Now Corey is a scoring Machine and he knows how to play the game, Corey knows game situation, when to shoot, when to drive, when to pass, he rebounds, his game has becomed well rounded...  :D

Behind Drake Reed is Corey Pfiegher,, and believe me that margin is small... Right now Drake is the District MVP, but if Dickson wins the District Corey will walk away with the Crown... :D

CROSS thumb

825531451[/snapback]

Who won the Corey-Drake matchup Tuesday night at Northeast?