West Tenn. Top 10

CoachD33

1. Jackson Northside (15-0) Will solidify top spot if they beat Dyersburg tonight (1) Beat JCM 67-40, beat Bolivar 70-52

2. Westview (20-3) Key rematch at Gibson Co. Tuesday (2) Beat Crockett Co. 83-64, beat Haywood Co. 80-37, beat Chester Co. 75-66

3. Dyersburg (18-2) Must play better than last win to knock off Lady Indians at Reservation (3) Beat Hardin Co. 69-40, beat Union City 39-34

4. Obion County (18-4) 3 of 4 losses at The Pit. Must win over Crockett there tonight to retain district lead (4) Beat Gibson Co. 62-55

5. Trenton Peabody (16-3) Lady Tide are hitting their stride. Dangerous So. Fulton calls tonight (6) Beat Lake Co. 48-33, beat Greenfield 54-38

6. Dresden (17-4) Can clinch top seed in 15A with win Tuesday (7) Beat Gleason 71-65, beat Halls 60-36

7. Gleason (18-2) Despite recent losses should still be a favorite in postseason with home court advantage (5) Lost to Dresden 71-65, beat McKenzie 68-51

8. McNairy County (17-2) Return meeting with Chester Co. on tap Tuesday (11) Beat Chester Co. 57-52, beat Riverside 57-31

9. Chester County (13-6) Next three games are crucial to Lady Eagles district standing (8) Lost to McNairy Co. 57-52, beat Lexington 79-55, lost to Westview 75-66

10. Gibson County (13-7) 2nd place on the line Tuesday with Westview. No one’s winning at home! (10) Beat Dyer Co. 62-55, lost to Obion Co. 62-55

Dropped Out: Crockett County-Lady Cavs have struggled since win at Humboldt. Two losses last week.

Bubbling Under: Munford (14-4) Three losses to Dyersburg. Haven’t lost in 2005 with trip to Bartlett Tuesday

Honorable Mention: Bolivar, Humboldt, JCM, JCS, Middleton, Milan, So. Fulton, USJ

Edited by NWhoopaholic

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job....

I agree that Jax NS will have to prove the # 1 ranking tonite against Dyersburg.  Also, in the 5-7 range, I like Gleason, Dresden, then Trenton Peabody in that order.  Did Trenton lose their point guard for the year, I had heard that?

825530031[/snapback]

That's what I understand but Sportsradio may know more. Those three Class A teams are pretty even. I had them in your order until two weeks ago. We'll see if losing Yancy affects Peabody.

NWhoopaholic, great job of keeping us updated on the top teams. Thanks, I really appreciate you taking the time to do it.

I hated to see my Trojans lose to JNS, but JNS has a great team.

I see Dresden high on your list. I wonder if the Dresden unfaithful that was on coacht brashing Coach West a few months ago, still feels he isn't capable of getting the job done?

NWhoopaholic, great job of keeping us updated on the top teams. Thanks, I really appreciate you taking the time to do it.

I hated to see my Trojans lose to JNS, but JNS has a great team.

I see Dresden high on your list. I wonder if the Dresden unfaithful that was on coacht brashing Coach West a few months ago, still feels he isn't capable of getting the job done?

825531276[/snapback]

Bubba I think that was mainly one poster. I think Dresden is happy with Jonathan. Of course this is a honeymoon year with all that experience to help the transition. Next year will require some rebuilding.

Thanks for what your doing in the Middle East. The WTAC isn't the same.

Great job....

I agree that Jax NS will have to prove the # 1 ranking tonite against Dyersburg.  Also, in the 5-7 range, I like Gleason, Dresden, then Trenton Peabody in that order.  Did Trenton lose their point guard for the year, I had heard that?

825530031[/snapback]

Yes, Trenton did lose their point guard, Chelle Yancey, for the year. In Region 8, I'm going to go with Trenton, Gleason, and Dresden (in that order).

For all of you doubters, North Side Lady Indians are for real.  Final score tonight, NS 61 - Dyersburg 49.  And they didn't play nearly as well as they are capable of.  They are definetly deserving of the #1 ranking in West Tennessee and #4 in the State.

825531013[/snapback]

I don't care if you are undefeated, with a schedule ranked 89th by coacht, you will still have doubters.......wish they actually played some better competition. Main reason they have no chance to win the gold ball, well that and a team called Mt. Juliet...... :lol:

I don't care if you are undefeated, with a schedule ranked 89th by coacht, you will still have doubters.......wish they actually played some better competition.  Main reason they have no chance to win the gold ball, well that and a team called Mt. Juliet...... :D

825532262[/snapback]

I am a bit confused, Mt. Juliet only has a strenght ranking of 57th. Jax NS has beaten several teams that have a strenght ranking much higher than that. So go figure. Just how reliable is this strength ranking.